j1 internship placment change

Viki-

Hello!
I'm on j1 visa (valid for one year) participating in a training programm as an intern. I have a contract job in Virginia in a hotel as a front desk receptionist.Its been 3 weeks since i started working there when i got another offer from a conmpany in NJ with much better opportunities to work in a medical office. They offer me better wages,accomodation and transportation is also available. Now im thinking if i can terminate my present contract and move to NJ to work in a new company. What are the right steps i should take in order not to loose my j1 visa and still remain in good relationship with my sponsor company.?
Thank You

Hello!
I'm on j1 visa (valid for one year) participating in a training programm as an intern. I have a contract job in Virginia in a hotel as a front desk receptionist.Its been 3 weeks since i started working there when i got another offer from a conmpany in NJ with much better opportunities to work in a medical office. They offer me better wages,accomodation and transportation is also available. Now im thinking if i can terminate my present contract and move to NJ to work in a new company. What are the right steps i should take in order not to loose my j1 visa and still remain in good relationship with my sponsor company.?
Thank You

There is no elation at all between intern and front disc receptionist and it will never fly. The J visa is a temporary training visa for people in certain field and any transfer should be in the same or similar field. If you want to move to other completely new carrier you have to terminate your current J, fulfill the duties of the curent J ( home country residency requirement) then get another new J.