J1 HRR to H1 harvard..real urgent..plz help..

mykkgp

Registered Users (C)
Hi
1] my earlier 2yr hrr is going to finish on aug18th 2007
2] I took another j1(wid 212e) in another university on 4th june 2007..staying in us for 4 days(4th,5th,6th,7th)..
3] today i got email Harvard regarding my approval for H1

QUESTIONS
1] how strict is the embassy regarding exact 730 days..will they leave this 4-5 days..or i have to stay for another 4-5 days extra in my home.
2] shud i leave US asap to complete my hrr

appreciate help:) :)

unfortunately, since you have started a new program with a new HRR, the new HRR now applies and you have to fulfil it from the beginning. The time you spent home for your previous HRR doesn't count at all, it's reset to 0, but the good news is that you don't have to compete two HRRs, just one (the latest one).

You knew that the new HRR would apply again, why did you then return on J-1?

You can also ask your question on yahoo! HRR group. There is a good HRR lawyer there.

Hi lucymo

Thanks for reply....i have not yet joined my dept...my starting date of j1 is july 1st..n i have not taken ne money from them...do i still deserve hrr??:(

2] I took another j1(wid 212e) in another university on 4th june 2007..staying in us for 4 days(4th,5th,6th,7th)..
You said - June 4th. You already entered on J-1.

Maybe, if you leave before your program starts and get an advisory opinion that you are not subject, since you left before the start of the program, you might have a chance. If I were you, I'd talk to an immigration lawyer speciailzing in HRR, like Bruce Hake.