J1 DUI - Help!

VanB

Hi,

I'm stucked in France since Nov 14th 2005.
I went back in France to renew my J1 stamp onto my passeport. Didn't know it's going to be a BIG DEAL !!!
Arrested on Aug. 20th for DUI - Court : Reckless driving - alchool related. I have started the program (DUIP) but I'm not done and I have neither signed the court paperworks yet nor I have paid the fine. I should have done it by Nov. 30th but I received the paper the day before I travelled and because I planed to go back by Nov. 20th - it was supposed to be OK. I got an extension until January 30th.
I checked NO at the question have you been arrested ?
The visa refusal is under 221(g) and I'm waiting for the fingerprints results.

Because it's the first DUI - I understood the FBI should give me clereance and I should end up with the stamp. But I'm worried because everything is still in progress and not done yet. It's endless - 7 weeks I'm waiting !

Does anyone has any idea about how long it's going to be ? - can I do something ? - Is it going to be a problem that the affair is not over yet ?
Please any help will be welcome !

Thanks
VanB

Visa Delay

I am sorry about your case.

I was stuck in Mexico from December 2004 until April 2005. This is the worst experience I ever had.
Embassy oficials are not very helpful and they won't provide information at all.

All cases take different times, they are reviewed by FBI, NSA, DOS, DHS, CIA and a lot of other agencies. Therefore timing varies.
Good luck,

Luis