J1(2hrr)-F1-PR?

linlang

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I wonder if anyone could tell me if it is possible for me to appy for PR without applying to get a waiver? I was on J1 with 2 year home residency requirement and have just changed to F1 quite recently. i have not fulfilled the requirement yet. I am planning to apply for PR, but not sure if the 2 HRR will hinder the process. I am grateful if anyone could answer my question. Thanks!

I was in the same situation. You still need the waiver. You can do the waiver during your last year of F1/OPT (you can't get F1 extended or apply for OPT once you start the waiver process). Without the waiver you can't switch from F1 or F1/OPT to H1B or PR.

Thank you for your response. I am now undecided wether i should apply under NORI or marriage status. The chance to get a NORI is slim, but i dont know how i could make a case under marriage ( separation is not a case). Please help!

You can do the same thing I did. Spend the summers in your home country during your F status. Every day in your home country counts. As long it adds up to 2 years you have fulfilled the 2 year requirement.

Dear All,
I need a small favour. I was a resident of Faridabad, Haryana before moving to USA on a J1visa. I am planning to apply for NORI to be submitted in 3 deptts in India.

1.Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs
2. Ministry of Human Resource Development, (Dept. of Higher Education)
3. Government of Haryana, Home Department.
Do you have any information about Government of Haryana, Home Department ,Faridabad or any help u can give wil be appreciated ..
Rahul spirit0176@yahoo.com