J visa to H1B

rathi42

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I came to USA on J visa and recently I got my H1B approved for one year. My husband has also got his H1B approved for three years.
My queries are:

1. If I don't find another job before my present employement ends how can I maintain my status.

2. If I want to change my status from H1B to H4 what is the procedure and how long does it take for the processing. And when should I apply for H4 so I do not get out of status.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Visa Extention

Respected sir,
The purpose of writing this letter, I Mr. Shailesh Karelia came in USA with J 1 visa and now i want to chang my status from J 1 to H 1. I just want to know about procedure and how much time does it take. I am working with Hotel Industry.
Waiting for your reply, Thanking you,
Your's faithfuly,
Shailesh Karelia

You employer needs to sponsor your H1 visa. You can go for premium processing which will take 10-15 days to get the decision. If not than it may take 3-4 months. See the details for processing time on the website.

Respected sir,
The purpose of writing this letter, I Mr. Shailesh Karelia came in USA with J 1 visa and now i want to chang my status from J 1 to H 1. I just want to know about procedure and how much time does it take. I am working with Hotel Industry.
Waiting for your reply, Thanking you,
Your's faithfuly,
Shailesh Karelia

Shailesh,

First u need to find out if u r subject to 2 Yr HRR, if u r, then its of no use to tell ur sponsor company to apply for ur H1b next year....getting J1 waiver could be a long and tiring process.

Y dont u apply for waiver now get it done before March 2009 and then April1st, 2009 ur company can apply for ur h1b. Thats how I did it.:D