J-1 Waiver Timeline

mrbt

Registered Users (C)
I recently applied for the J-1 Waiver based on the NOS (All papers were sent on Jan 21st, showed up online Feb 21st). On Feb 12th my embassy sent the No Objection letter to DOS. I have been checking the status of my application online, and DOS still hasn't acknowledged receiving it. My question is about the general time it takes for new documents to show up in the status. Also how long does it usually take from getting favorable recommendation from DOS to receiving the actual waiver from USCIS. I would apreciate ay helpful comments.

I recently applied for the J-1 Waiver based on the NOS (All papers were sent on Jan 21st, showed up online Feb 21st). On Feb 12th my embassy sent the No Objection letter to DOS. I have been checking the status of my application online, and DOS still hasn't acknowledged receiving it. My question is about the general time it takes for new documents to show up in the status. Also how long does it usually take from getting favorable recommendation from DOS to receiving the actual waiver from USCIS. I would apreciate ay helpful comments.

It usually takes less than a week. Check with your embassy again. In my case it take 5 1/2 months to get favorable recommendation and still pending at vermont center 4 months ago. It differ from case to case.