J-1 waiver process

tlkb

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I am hoping some one in this forum may be able help me out.

I am in the process of applying for a J-1 waiver (of the two home residency requirement). I have already written to the three places in India...Human resources, Home dept and Passport Office. I have received a positive reply from Human Resources but am waiting for replies from the other two. The Human resources and the passport offices are in Delhi while I wrote to the Home Dept in Calcutta since the only surviving kin is a brother who lives there. My question is about the address of the passport office in Delhi. The passport was issued by the passport office in Bhikhaji Cama Place. I have written to the address as it appears on the website of the passport office. I started the process in June 2006 and have not heard anything yet from them. I have tried calling from the USA (this may be an exercise in futility but I have to try something) to no avail. Would someone have the correct address in case I might have used a wrong address? Any advice/suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

Tilak

u said 'u've written to them'.......do u mean u hav sent ur attested documents to them or u just tried to see if u r using the right address?

A lot of ppl have sent their attested documents directly to the three authorities for NORI forms and I know takes some extra time but they have finally heard frm them. What I did, I sent all documents to my parents in India and they got it done pretty fast (in less than a month).

So my suggestion to u is, either send it to ur relatives in India or send it directly to authorities, if u'll try to communicate wid them and will wait for their answers first, I dont think u gonna get some reply frm them as they r pretty busy wid other jobs.

And yes, the address mentioned on website (Bhikaji/RK Puram) is right.

Thanks

Thanks to the person who responded. Yes I sent the attested copies to the three places. I do not know anyone in Delhi who can visit these places and pursue the matter. I am relieved to know that the Bhikaji Cama Place is the right place. I will just wait for their replies.

Thanks again.

Hi

I hope someone can please help me in this issue.

I have changed my status from F1 to J1 on Oct 18 2006. Since then I did not leave USA and only have DS 2019. Now, I am in the process of applying the J1 waiver. I also received al three NOCs from India. While filling DS3035 online, I encountered a problem related to item # 17.
The form says, "if the EV changed the status while being in USA, enter the date of status change, control number and port of entry of first J1 visa."

But I did not leave the country ever since I changed the status. Therefore, I do not have visa stamped in the passport. In that case, I will not have J1 visa control number or port of entry. I only have F1 visa control number and port of entry. What should I type in the online form? N/A is not accepted in the online form. If I type F1 details, it is displaying as J1 details.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks
Kalyan