J-1 waiver applicants losing DS-2019

kung2624

Registered Users (C)
I've got DS-2019 twice, for work&travel and internship. Now I'm on the process of applying for a J-1 waiver. I already got a case number. So, now I'm preparing documents to get a no objection letter. However, I still couldn't find the first DS-2019 and also the original copy of second DS-2019? I'm wondering if it's possible to get approval from notary public with a copied DS-2019 or if it's possible to get a replacement of lost DS-2019. Can anyone tell me?
Thank you in advance!!

I copy is fine, and it does not need to be notarized. This is stated on the first page of the DS-3035. Where did you get an idea that you need to send an original? The DoS does not ask for originals, original stays with you as proof of your status.

If you lost your DS-2019 try to contact the program that sponsored you, maybe they have a copy. Also, if you have any other kind of paperwork about the program, sometimes it can be accepted. Don't have more info about lost DS-2019, try to do a search on this forum.

Yeah, you're right that the DOS doesn't need original DS-2019s. But to get a no objection letter, my home country government asks for notarized copies of DS-2019.

Thanks for your advice!!

That's annoying. Mine asked only for copies. Nothing notarized. Try notarizing a copy of a copy. I know lost paperwork can be "worked out with DoS." Try reading this forum, or contacting DoS.

Yupp,

Once again, I thanked to your advice.
Yesterday I emailed one of my employer to see if he still keeps the copy of my DS-2019. However, I still haven't heard back from him. Also, I planned to call my home country government to ask if it's okay to send the copies of DS-2019 since I believe that the more important part is on the DOS.