IV visa and marital status... URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

sri_gc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
   I got married before the IV appointment and notified the consulate on interview date about my change in marital status and submitted my spouse pkt 3 at the time of interview. When I received the sealed cover with the VISA stapled, marital status has been printed as SINGLE.
Is this a normal way or is it a mistake??? Any help or previous experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sri

No Title

The letter listing fields eligible for correction doesnot include the marital status. This is making me wonder if they are going to correct it.

I think you should still approach them

as it may cause problems later at POE for your spouse.

If you don\'t mind, I have some questions about combining CP and marriage as I am faced with a similar situation.
a) Can we send in spouse\'s pkt 3 before the interview ? If so, what are the chances of getting an interview together ?
b) did you submit a revised DS230 and OF 169 for yourself showing different marital status and including spouse\'s name ?
c) Any idea when your spouse will get an interview (did they give any indication) ?

Thanks in advance

I did write to consulate

and got a reply saying it is not a problem and asked me to send in the spouse documents.

Yes, you can send in the spouse pkt 3 before interview. Depending on which consulate u are interviewing with, possibility of ur spouse getting on same day varies. I heard mumbai is pretty good at giving interview for spouse on same day.. but chennai is not the same.. they take anywhere from 6-8 weeks..

Nope I didn\'t submit any form for my marital status. When I called consulate they asked me to send in a copy of my spouse passport, our marriage certificate(copy) and copy of spouse birth certificate.