IV Sept 18th Rally in DC.

vvvunlucky

Registered Users (C)
Guys/Gals,

IV folks are trying to raise around 30K to support for the rally within short duration. Request you to please make your contributions and help the folks who are attending the rally for us.

Please help in correcting the broken USCIS especially NSC. NSC should wake up atleast now.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13158

Good Luck to all the folks who are attending the Rally and to all of us.

Thanks for your support.

What does it mean for old-timers?

vvvunlucky,

What does the IV rally mean for old-timers with PD going back to 2001/2002?
We've been screwed by BEC's and now we are the one getting screwed by the namecheck process. The main focus of IV is to remove retrogression and increase visa numbers. That isn't really an issue that impacts old-timers. I know someone will come back and talk about solidarity and unity of all legal immigrants and how this is for everyone but where is the voice for BEC folks or those stuck in namecheck?

Guys/Gals,

IV folks are trying to raise around 30K to support for the rally within short duration. Request you to please make your contributions and help the folks who are attending the rally for us.

Please help in correcting the broken USCIS especially NSC. NSC should wake up atleast now.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13158

Good Luck to all the folks who are attending the Rally and to all of us.

Thanks for your support.

See, more people will apply more will get stuck in namecheck. There are like 30K people stuck in namecheck who could have been approved. More will get stuck sooner Ombudsman and USCIS will try helping them (us) out. Therefore, I support the rally.

Thanks for posting this here vvvunlucky.

Guys, increasing quota will help everyone to get GC. Please contribute.

My question stands ... how does increasing quota help oldtimers? In fact we stand to get screwed more as the system get jammed with newer (read easier PERM) applications. I don't see how this rally helps oldtimers.

Thanks for posting this here vvvunlucky.

Guys, increasing quota will help everyone to get GC. Please contribute.

All are sufferers here.

Not only old timers. I am not sure if it really helps me or you. But it will help some one who suffer waiting for GC like us.

No non-immigrant in this country taken these steps before and I want to show my support even it is very little. Change always start from one person but some one need to start.

I know there are lot of people in this forum spend $100 just for a movie one weekend. Why don't we just contribute to support for the people who work for us (not me or you alone).

vvvunlucky,

I understand what you are saying and agree with the fact that IV is an awesome grassroots organization. But fact remains that what IV is asking for is a change in the system so that newer applicants do not have to wait years and years before they get their green cards. That's will be a great thing for those who have started the process in the last few years. But I don't see anything in IV agenda that helps ppl stuck with BEC's or ppl with old PD's who are getting stuck in NSC. In fact what they are asking for is the exact opposite.

I have a great deal of respect for IV and their volunteers but if our plight isn't part of the agenda then I don't have the time to spare.

I know there are lot of people in this forum spend $100 just for a movie one weekend. Why don't we just contribute to support for the people who work for us (not me or you alone).

I am really getting scared of IV now... They have become CULTS like amway. Checkout their website and forums. They are not missing single oppertunity to insult those who oppose their ideas or refuse to join their rally in DC. They even delete/ban the users who oppose their ideas... What's the difference between them and FAIRUS.org?

Here's the deal with IV. It is for ppl who are affected by retrogression. PERIOD. If you are not impacted by it and have a somewhat different problem (BEC/140 issues/Name Check/485 delays... etc) then you are not part of the agenda. That is precisely why I believe all old-timers should stay away from it.

And god forbid, if you have feel things should be done differently.

I am really getting scared of IV now... They have become CULTS like amway. Checkout their website and forums. They are not missing single oppertunity to insult those who oppose their ideas or refuse to join their rally in DC. They even delete/ban the users who oppose their ideas... What's the difference between them and FAIRUS.org?

Here's the deal with IV. It is for ppl who are affected by retrogression. PERIOD. If you are not impacted by it and have a somewhat different problem (BEC/140 issues/Name Check/485 delays... etc) then you are not part of the agenda. That is precisely why I believe all old-timers should stay away from it.

And god forbid, if you have feel things should be done differently.

I totally see your point. IV folks are doing really a great job for visa number increase and get rid of retrogression. Hats off to them. There's no doubt about what they have done in such a limited time.

Having said that, I also know that they do NOT focus on two things among other things - 1. BEC fiasco and 2. Name Check delays. I'm the victim of these two things and IV frankly, does not represent the targeted audience of these two areas. They may have too many things on their plates.

Santosh on IV message boards had the similar experience.

On the Namecheck yahoo group tracker one of the most active members who is trying to mobilize for the flower campaign for name check delay had to say this about IV:
"I had a call with some of the main organizers of the rally on the 18th
tonight. The people putting on the rally on the 18th want to have a
very focused message to the press that the rally is about numerical
caps on green cards."....

So, i totally see your point. Nothing against IV. Best wishes to them, but IV does not help old timers who are stuck in Name check or who were stuck in PBEC or TBEC labor thing.

I totally see your point. IV folks are doing really a great job for visa number increase and get rid of retrogression. Hats off to them. There's no doubt about what they have done in such a limited time.

Where are these visa Numbers? Did they got rid of retrogression? That is one Great news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are these visa Numbers? Did they got rid of retrogression? That is one Great news.

If you re-read my post fully you may conclude that I'm just quoting IV's focused goal, which does not help me or people like me stuck in name check and pbec at all.