IV Consular Processing and the Service Center I-824 Processing

lcauser

Registered Users (C)
When it comes to the visa posts practice on EB-based immigrant visa application, it varied from a visa post that required approval notice of I-824 to a visa post that required just a Receipt Notice of I-824. Furthermore, some consulates accepted the IV application even without any proof of I-824 filing. Before it changed it practice, Mumbai had accepted the EB-immigrant visa application without any I-824.

Now, unconfirmed AILA sources indicate that the U.S. Department of State agreed to accept I-140 IV cases just pending I-824 (Receipt Notice). It thus appears that this practice is uniformedly adopted by all the visa posts. However, people should contact each visa post to confirm any different practice for the jurisdiction.

lcauser:

I am not sure what to make of this post. I read your posting 2-3 times and was trying to understand your message.

But here are some questions that I have from your earlier post:
A statement from your posting: "Furthermore, some consulates accepted the IV application even without any proof of I-824 filing. Before it changed it practice, Mumbai had accepted the EB-immigrant visa application without any I-824"

Question I have: The only way consulates can process immigrant consular process cases is (i) if transferred from NVC; OR (ii) Valid AC I-140 cases with I-824 receipt.

Do you have evidence or have you seen cases where a consulate has processed an immigrant case without meeting (i) or (ii) above.
It is very unlikely but I sure would like to know about such cases. And who are these unconfirmed AILA sources that you are referring to?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like or1or2 has mentioned... my posting was based on immigration-law.com breaking news item. Sorry, I forgot to mention the source of this info.

I don't think this information is accurate.
I haven't heard of any consular post that will accept AC I-140 without at least the receipt notice of an I-824.

And I know for a FACT that not all Consular posts accept AC I-140. Two that I can name off the top of my head are Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Singapore. At least not as of last night. However, Kuala Lumpur is at least giving it a serious consideration after my repeated urging/badgering/begging. I have my fingers crossed every night I go to sleep.

All:

I-824 is the document that authorizes consulates to process immigrant cases. Without an I-824 document (receipt/ approval based on whether consulates accepts AC I-140 or not), it is nearly impossible to believe that a consulate would process and conduct a cp interview.