it's unbelievable

anildel

Registered Users (C)
I called my area Congressman's Office reagrding my status of 485. I'm EB2 and ND is 11/18/2003. They put me on hold and called NSC. After a few minutes I was informed that my finger prints have expired as they are valid only for 15 months (I did it on May 20, 2004) and visas are not available for my type of case. I said "I'm EB2 and as per visa bulletin for Sep 05, this category is current worldwide and visas are supposed to be available.". They again put me on hold and after a few minutes, they said that they had checked visa bulletin and they did not know why NSC was telling them that there are no visas. They said that they would let me know after finding out more about it. Finally I recieved this email.

----------
Mr xxxx

I spoke with NSC again and they have informed me that visas in your
category are not current. They have been exhausted and will be that way until October 1 when the new fiscal year begins and more visas are released. I am sorry, but the Visa Bulletin is incorrect. However; you should be receiving another fingerprint appointment notice soon. Your fingerprints expire August 20.

Matt

-----------

I'm totally confused. Just inviting inputs from others if it can be true.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
anildel,

I am sure you know about your EB category. Can you please double check with your attorney whether it is EB2 or EB3??

Can you please mention you are from which country? I saw the similar message in the forum for one person from India.

Hi anildel,

I think EB2 is unavailable. I have read atleast 4 postings with same response. One of my friends had an interview in Chicago in June, he is EB2, but they said that there are no visas available to approve your case. Everything else is ready, the Officer did not stamp his passport because of unavailability of Visas.

Also, any interviews at local offices, they have started doing the same thing. They will call for interview and they are not stamping the PP because of unavailability of visas even for EB2 category.

So I guess one has to wait till Oct 1, 2005. I am sure there will be lots of approvals.

Wish you all the best.

Hi guys,

I too was very confused now. My 485 is approved (EB2) on 08/17/05 and I am waiting for stamping. If visa number is not available, is it not possible for me to get the stamping??
I thought if 485 is cleared then I am all set.And I read it visa bulletin visa numbers are current for EB2 for the month sep'05. But now new confusion??

POOBALA,

I believe once I485 is approved u r all set. Any how try getting appointment for your PP stamping.

Can you please post your details. It will be helpful to others in the forum.

Thanks for your inputs

Thanks for your inputs..

gcdeewana -
My labor was approved RIR EB2 and my 140 shows approval in EB2 category. Still I'm checking with my attorney to make sure that there is no other place that it might have been mentioned incorrectly.

unitednations -
I toatlly agree with you and will keep persuing through all means. The fact that the category may have been recorded incorrectly in the internal process, is really a big concern and I want to address it as best as I can to get the facts out.

Hi anidel
My RD for 485 is the same day as yours. I also did FP1 on 05/20/03. I think our FP1 expired. We can't get approved until we complete FP2. EB2 sep ~ Dec people are unlucky ones.

Anildel
I really do not know whether visas are available or not. User Sep03NIW got approved last week. Coming to Finger print expiry... I spoke to NSC officer on Friday and this guy was so cool and we spoke for 13 minutes and believe or not he was talking all kind of things on Immigration and more over NSC.

My case is EB2 September 2003 and completed my Biometric last month and then raised an enquiry and 30 days completed. So I called and then when I asked him why I'm not getting approval then he said that my finger prints expired. they are valid for 15 months. I did in May 2004 and I got Biometric notice. I told the same to him and he said that Biometric notice is sent by one office and finger print notices are sent by another office and there is no link between these two offices. He told that when they were sending my Biometric notices they were not expired so they have sent for Biometric and when the results came for this and by the time officer looked at my file on August 19th { my LUD changed on that day } my finger prints expired by one day. I did my first finger prints on May 18th 2004. He said that if the officer would have seen my file a day before my case would have been approved. I see correct in his words. my LUD changed on 19th. After seeing my file this officer has requested to send the second time finger print notices. Once I complte that, my case will be approved. He went thru my file and told me that no where officer find any problem except finger prints.

See by jusy one day I missed the Green card. That's called fate. I felt very bad on that day but there is no solution. I have to wait until I get my second finger print notice.

NSC Suks.........

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Interesting..

Thanks Plastic_card..your update is very encouraging in the sense that there are visas available in EB2 category.

I called inquiry 800 number and the rep there was of not much help so she transferred me to some immigration officer. The Immigration Officer asked me all details and confirmed to me that there are visas available for EB2 category.

She also ruled out any possibility/error of 485 being marked for EB3 category when I140 was approved in EB2. It is done while approving 140 and both are checked and linked.

She mainly tried to explain to me that it takes on average 30-60 days to process 485 after approval of 140. There may be some exceptions which she can not explain. So I should be concerned only after this time.

My finger prints have already expired day before yesterday and are being rescheduled. So until I get finger prints, there will be no progress.

I've also been advised to forget what congressman's office has informed. If state bulletin has confirmed that there are visa numbers, there can be no other source to say otherwise as visas are released from state dept.

The bottom line is that I'm gonna wait for finger prints and the time line of 30-60 days from the date of 140 approval.

response from attorney

Our attorney says that the info recd from Congressman's office is INCORRECT. My case is EB2 and there are plenty of visas available in this category. Also he rules out any possibility of 485 getting in wrong category i.e EB3.

He thinks that it will take some time before they link up approved 140 with 485 and once they do, it will automatically come into processing.

His advise to me is to wait for 1-2 months before initiating any further action.

plastic_card - how to call USCIS so that some one can look at the file. I mean when I called 800-375-5283 and after passing thru ton of options, I could hear the human voice. Since she had no info about category of my employment based 485, she transferred me to some immigration officer. This new IO also could not tell me my category.

She kept explaining to me that 140 approval is recorded for 485 and nothing can go wrong here.

It will be really very helpful If you can let me know what number to call and options, I can find out about my category.

Approval from NSC

My cousin got his 485 approved and his card recieved in mail on August 8th. Even I have seen that posting of a person from TSC. I don't understand what is happening.
My cousin filed his 140/485 on July or Aug of 2004 and got his 1st Fp and the second FP (Biometric) on 08/02/2005 and his final approval on 08/08 0r 08/12 i think.
Now he got his card too.
I am still waiting for my final Approval from VSC :mad:
Rayudu