its over!

finally its over! here is my experience.
went for special registration yesterday at the Atlanta INS.
Waiting outside in the line in rain for one and a half hours and got drenched ( I'm sick today, sniff). Got inside, submitted my passport and filled out a small form ( father/mothername, contact person in US and address), then was sent to a room and waited in that room for 1 hour. Even though, including me, there were only 3 people for registration.
Interview went very well. The officere was very courteous. Asked general questions. name , address, which school I went to, who did my H1B, where are they located, when was teh last tiem I entered US, which airlines, credit card, SS card, EAD cards, H1B copy and I485 pending copy.

Took finger prints, picture and gave me a booklet to read and asked me to come back after 1 yr if I do not get my greencard by then.
That's it. I'm happy its over. It was bother ing me so much.

Hey...congratulations!!! I think I was more nervous then my husband when we went for his registration!!

Best of luck!

hmcis,

Glad to know it went well. Your experience was exactly like mine. Readers who are about to do it and are currently in statu, and can prove it, should not worry at all. This is an annoyance, but is routine.

rgds,
sadiq