Its over..I am done :)

mpanati

Registered Users (C)
I am posting my interview and oath experience. :cool:

Entry:
I had an appointment at 8:05AM at 2150 Parklake Dr, Atlanta. Started from home around 645AM and reached at 715AM. There is a lot of parking available at this office. Went through the 2 double doors. Security verified the letter and my drivers license and let me in through the metal detector. Went up to the 2nd floor. I was probably 4th or 5th person there. Its a big lobby that can accomodate in excess of 250 people. They opened the counter at 745 and I registered myself. After 10 mins one IO called my name took me into the office.

Interview:

After the usual swearing about truth, she walked through my entire application asking me every question and verifying it with her records. I voulnteered about two minor speeding tickets about 9 years ago. She said, I should have mentioned it on the application and asked me details. Then she wrote down whatever I could recall and tell. After the application walk through, she asked me 10 civics/history questions. I answered all 10 correctly. Intersting point is she did not stop after I had 6 correct. Moved onto English. Some basic sentence writing and reading. Then she asked me to sign my photographs. Once I signed the photos, she asked me if it is ok with me to go through oath at 1030AM. Ofcourse you all know the answer. I said yes. Finally she said, I am going to recommend your application for approval and handed me N-652 and asked me to go back to the lobby. Within 10 mins, she came and gave me the oath letter and took away my GC. All this happened in before 830AM. I had 2 hours to pass. Decided to spend it there itself.

Oath:
After waiting for more than 2 hours, they called us into a ceremony room. There were about 27 people from 17 countries. Most of them are from India including me. They asked us to verify our information on the Naturalization certificates and made us sit in an order. The officer went through the importance/significance of being a US citizen and asked us repeat the pledge of Allegiance after him. Then we went through a welcome message from the president. We pledged our allegiance to the flag. Finally he handed us all our individual naturalization certificates. We are done by 12noon.

Rushed to SS office to update the info. Went to Post office to Apply for a passport. Surprisingly they said passport application process is only by appointment.

On a personal note, I want to thank each and everyone who contributed to this board. I also wish best of luck for everyone at various stages of the Journey. For me its a long trek that started in 1995. Glad its finally over.

Best Regards
Prasad

Congratulations Prasad ! Glad to hear that everything went without a hitch. You also seem to have set a new record for least amount of time elapsed between PD and OD (just a little over 2 months).

- KM

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you mopotofu, miss molina, kegemusha, huracan and aabbcc11.

Goodluck to you huracan. Wish you all the best in getting an interview letter quickly.

I already have an SSN which I got refreshed after GC, so it has no limitations.
Do I need to go to SSN again after Oath ?
Do they accept a copy of the Nat. Certificate or they want the Original.

Thanks.

All you need to do is go to your local Social Security office (you can find it from http://www.ssa.gov), bring your (original) natz cert, some ID like a drivers license and your social security card. Tell them you are now a citizen and they will update your record on the spot.