It's our turn to receive RFE...

dodital,

Yes, BCIS has asked for the salary info too. Posted below is the RFE details from the notice.

1. Submit an orginal letter on company letterhead from your prospective employer who filed form I-140/I-360 on your behalf stating their continued interest in hiring you, duties to be performed, and remuneration.

2. Submit your earnings statements for the last two months

3. Your Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens seeking Adjustments of Status, is being returned to your at this time as it is not signed by you. Please sign the Form in the block indicated and return it to this office.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much Nandhakumar. This seems to be the simplest RFE one can hope to get.

All the best for much awaited and well deserved freedom!

Vinay

FYI - RFE Notice Received in the mail today.

"Submit an original letter on company letterhead from your current employer stating your date of hire,duties,remuneration and prospect for continued employment."

Just mine, I haven't yet received my spouse's RFE notice.

The BCIS messed up once again with my spouse's address. They've put in wrong apt # and the RFE notice fortunately went into my friend's address(from the same bldg).

contents....
Please submit evidence that you are not likely to become a public charge. Evidence may include:
a.) an original letter of employment(stating prospect for continued employment and salary), or
b.) a Form I-134 completed by your financial sponsor for which your sponsor must comply with the instructions of the form, or
c.) other evidence (bank letters,etc.)

.....so very wierd......wake up BCIS...it is not family based AOS...

Nandakumar,

One basic question, what is AVM? Looks like I have been missing out on this source of information.

Vinay

ND 1/31/02

AVM = Automatic Voice Message

One can check the case status by dialing Vermont Service Center during off-peak hours. Select Menu option 1 and enter your 13 digit case number and you will hear your case status.

In my experience AVM gets updated before Online status.

Nandkumar
Did u mail the response to RFE urself or did ur lawyer do it for u.

sunnyk2002,
I received the RFE notice directly from BCIS. At the time of filing I-485, our company gave me an option of "in-house" processing or "Immig Attorney". I selected "in-house" processing thinking(foolishly), that would reduce delay due to communication between lawyer-company or lawyer-self.
A friend of mine from our company who also opted "in-house" processing, called BCIS the other day about his pending I-485(RD 10/2001) and the IIO was so surprised that he did not have an attorney. His RD is couple of days ahead of mine and his case is still pending though.

According to the current BCIS online status, RFE response was received on May 8, 2003.

--sunnyk2002,
--Hi jfdeva,

--Did you receive the RFE notice from BCIS or your lawyer ?

--Thanks.