Its official I-485 Approval Received…..

vermontwaiter

Registered Users (C)
After a long tortures grueling over 4 years of never ending process the courtesy copy of official approval
notice arrived in my mail box yesterday. I went to the local INS office (Cleveland) with my passport and
my I-94 form (my H1B approval notice ,status ) and came out in 10 minutes with a stamp on my passport.
The stamp is printed in red with my A# and a statement similar to \'…..Temporary Evidence of Permanent
Resident………\'.

I don\'t know where to start thanking but I definitely have to start from this forum. Everyone who had
posted your experience in this Green Card process deserves a thank you. You may have posted only once
but that post may have given someone a direction of where his/her case stands. BIG UPS TO EVEYONE!
And, most importantly Mr. Khanns deserves a PHAT thank you for providing this forum. I have been a
regular visitor since I found this site four years ago. Although I don\'t post that often, I visit this site
every day of the week.

I came to this country when I was 18 years old and have lived here for the last 13 years. I started my
Green card process long before most of you came with H1B. If there is anyone left in this forum will know
what I mean if you were in the US back in 1990-1. Getting a job was nearly impossible let alone to think
about employment green card processing. All these years I had maintained my F-1 status, have had numerous
work authorization, paid a lot of money to attorneys for a useless information, …. and WAITED IN VAIN for
this day to come. Unfortunately, I feel more relieved that I am at the end of the tunnel than jumping around
with excitement. It would have been sweet had it been approved two month ago before my mother passed
away….its too late to tell her now.

Honestly, I am so exhausted from the ordeal I don\'t even feel like I have my freedom now. For all of you who
are waiting, just keep your head up and do as much as you can to move the process and let God take care the
rest. I am speaking from experience and you all know how it feels; I had my share of disappointment.

Now here is what you all are looking for :

F1 (practical EAD) - 1995
H1B 1996 (I work for one of the big 5 consulting companies)
LC applied in 3/97 (regular in Ohio, should have been limited review had it not been the company and lawyer)
LC approved 5/99 (Chicago)
I-140 EB2 approved 12/99
H1B extended 1999
I-1485 applied 2/00 (2 EAD and 2 AP, never used it)
Category Others
FP done 9/00
NO REF
I-485 approved 6/25/01 (called VSC got the news from IIO)
Courtesy approval arrived 7/2/01
Passport stamped 7/3/01

\'… free at last, free at last, free at last,…., almighty God, I am free at last…\' MLK

YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!

No Title

Hi,

Good Afternoon. We are very happy to know your sweet news. Congratulations and wish you a Very best in your life. God bless all of us here.

Have a good day.

Regards
Priyadarshini

No Title

I\'m very happy for you, WaitingInVain.
Now You should change your name and enjoy this freedom.

Good Luck,

No Title

Congrats! Sorry to hear about your mother. May God keeps her soul in eternal peace & harmony. Sharing such news with your loved ones is alwas exciting. I wish U could have rejoiced this occasion with your Mom.
I have\'nt recvd the approval, but I am updating my folks (back home--Pakistan) almost every week. My ND is 7/18.

I\'ve couple of questions for you:

You mentioned your LC was applied at Chicago which comes under NSC. Are U allowed to file your I140/I485 at VSC, if the labor is approved in NSC jurisdiction?

Also, U went to Cleveland office for PP stamping. (I believe Cleveland comes under NSC jurisdiction) Did they not object to this, since your I485 was approved at VSC.

Thanx in advance for any input.

No Title

Thank you.

Answers to your questions:
1) Because the headquarters of the company I work for falls under VSC and back in 1999 all service centers were accepting application if you lived outside your juridication, my application were sent to VSC since it was the fastest center. At that time I was happy thinking it
will be processed quickly; unfortunatelly, it didn\'t happen. My I-485 shoud have been approved in April 2001 if it had not be returned back to file maintenace room for some unexplained reasons. I have let it gone now.....
2)When I went to the Cleveland office the lady took my index finger print, made me sign an application form (I think its for the actual plastic card), and gave me another form to keep with me so I can inquire about the status. Actually, she thought it was processed in Nebraska and told me to call there to check on the status but I told her that my application was processed in VSC and she just said to inquire there.