• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

It's official - 2012 invalidated.. redraw

guys, error happens. i am a programmer by profession and errors do happen. its part of any job. you are lucky the error is found, KCC admitted its mistakes and is calling for a fair redraw once again. God be with you all and keep on hoping.

hey
I am sorry but I do programming too, and to draw a random number you need one class of coding and one of statistic. it takes absolutely nothing.
But most importantly, they had time to check these results! how is it possible that they didn't check!

This has nothing to do with making an immigration case worse, pissing off the government, the Republicans, the Democrats, your cat or whatsoever. The government probably did the right thing in its right voiding the results because they were not according to the law. And it's the right thing to do for plaintiffs to sue to government to seek compensation through justice, it's just the process, the government were probably knowing and expecting they were going to get sued canceling the results. It might as well bring attention onto the broken US Immigration. Immigration just follow the law, outside of the law, there is nothing that improve or worsen one's case, including suing the government. At the best, it's a good demonstration of understanding American constitutional values, and that the government does not hold all rights or powers in the US.

I got selected, I am already in the US, and this was a breach of fresh air after no more visa options after almost 3 years here. I am talking to a few lawyers here to see what is possible, will update you. I may not have the time to lead the case, but those who want to join, let me know.

i really cant get it in my head. how can you make a mistake and say sorry later when thousends of people already posted the forms?? Isnt a lottery a lucky thing? I do understand it was not fair but isnt that a lottery as well?
Maybe I just say stupid things at the moment. but it really is not fair for people who got the notification that they won.

now i really want to die no really... i cant believe this... it is so bad. for me it would be hundred times better if i did not win. to win and loose this is something terrible. you tell everyone you won the lottery and now you have to say there was a mistake... how terrible... it is like a bad dream. waiting till july 15th is an other bad dream...
that i will win 2nd time looks impossible to me... like i said... i still cannot believe this.

I threw out my confirmation number after checking on May 1st, how will I know if I got selected on July15th?

You guys are surprised because of the winner euphory. Something was wrong witht the resuls and you couldn't accept that, and some of the selected forumers got very aggresive when told something is wrong (maybe they felt something was wrong but couldn't accept). You listen to Raveysk (not sure about the spelling) and you were convinced by him telling you that that selecting the first persons that apply was intended from the begining and it is a new kind of lottery (only by him known). you shouyld've read Dvwasascam an In exces's (and others) posts too.
As I posted before, if something goes wrong in USA they will fix it!!! They took back thousands of dollars (even tens of tousands according to a news from Yahoo) from people affected by hurricanes that got the money without deserving it.
Stop dreaming about any lawsuit that will do you any good, maybe just the opposite. You will get your money back for sure (i dont know about postal fees thou), maybe even with intrest.
And stop calling yourself winners! You didn't win anything because there was no lottery!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This not fair - Let me explain why? I have all the applications saved on my computer on 5th of October I have applied for 5th of my family members and friends. NONE of them have WON. NONE!!!!

I have being selected. My friend have applied week later have being selected how happy were we that we have being selected and will be living in US. He also signed up both of his parents, his sister with husband, his aunt, his uncle and his friend with wife. TOTAL 8 persons not including his application and his wife.

Only he won. Where is the error???

I have tried 8th times for the lottery and now we both have won. Me and my wife.

This is not fair.

While I feel sorry for those that thought they won the DV Lottery, I cannot but be a bit shocked by some of the actions taken by individuals upon learning that they had been selected. May I remind you that non of the selectees won a green card. They were picked to continue with the application process. Nowhere in the confirmation letter or in the rules of the lottery does it state that you are guaranteed a GC or even an interview. They've made it clear. And while for many with low case# and perfect records this would have de facto guaranteed a GC, this is all based on SPECULATIONS and would hold no ground in any court of law, esp. against the DOS. Well, technically, this case could be successful in bringing some sort of financial compensation but it would cost tons of money, time and effort on the petitioner's side. There is also very little money to be made in legal fees so it's unlikely that a good attorney would take on the case. So the case is dead on arrival.
Again I don't understand some of the people who though they've won and immediately started burning bridges behind them or taking irrational actions. There are cases of people quitting jobs, getting married so that their bf/gf can get a GC as well, selling property, etc. This is just stupid! Until you get that immigrant visa in your passport, you cannot be sure something won't go wrong. As someone once said, $hit happens.

While I feel sorry for those that thought they won the DV Lottery, I cannot but be a bit shocked by some of the actions taken by individuals upon learning that they had been selected. May I remind you that non of the selectees won a green card. They were picked to continue with the application process. Nowhere in the confirmation letter or in the rules of the lottery does it state that you are guaranteed a GC or even an interview. They've made it clear. And while for many with low case# and perfect records this would have de facto guaranteed a GC, this is all based on SPECULATIONS and would hold no ground in any court of law, esp. against the DOS. Well, technically, this case could be successful in bringing some sort of financial compensation but it would cost tons of money, time and effort on the petitioner's side. There is also very little money to be made in legal fees so it's unlikely that a good attorney would take on the case. So the case is dead on arrival.
Again I don't understand some of the people who though they've won and immediately started burning bridges behind them or taking irrational actions. There are cases of people quitting jobs, getting married so that their bf/gf can get a GC as well, selling property, etc. This is just stupid! Until you get that immigrant visa in your passport, you cannot be sure something won't go wrong. As someone once said, $hit happens.

OMG I could not agree with you more.

I am amazed at people who are willing to overlook an obviously FLAWED drawing just because they were winners. WE ALL KNEW that something was wrong from the moment we started seeing the results where both husband and wife won..my God what are the odds of that, and to have it happening a number of times on the same day. I held my tongue through all the bickering and insults of the past week but I feel compelled now to say something. People just refuse to understand that they did not win, the results were faulty and hence a new unbiased draw must take place..IT's the LAW.

Why would you want to hold on to something knowing fully well that someone gave you in error? What does all this say about someone willing to claim this without consideration that millions were cheated of a fair chance?

One thing we will all learn about this is not to make life changing decisions BEFORE you get that visa in your hand. They even tell you that after going through the interview. Why at this early stage would people do such a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
you can not just say it is a mistake sorry. you just cant. if you do a mistake on an exam you can not just say hey sorry it needs to be repeated. it is your mistake. and informed is informed. they did not even inform on time. it is not my fault it is their fault. how can i know that it did not went wrong passed years. how can i know it will not go wrong this time. what is far and what is unfair..... ??? this is not a game... just saying hey sorry.... of course you did not won the greenc card when selected. however there are people, they know they qualify or they do not qualify. you can of course make arrangements if you know 95 percent you will get it reading the requirements for it.
sorry how stupid is this. and then to wait until 15th of july. what with all people who do not have their confirmation number anymore...is that fair?????
it will not be that easy. if it should be fair it should be fair for EVERYONE. it needs to be cancelled this year.

It's a lottery.. we have no guarantee of winning. Besides; we (who won in Round 1) were just selectees at this point.

Mistakes happen.. we move on.

pretty classy lordmuggins.. i am one of those who didnt check my status on may 1st.. i had checked on or afetr may 5th.. n by that time the site was down.. so i was really worried that it was gettin late to check.. i had even posted new posts so that ppl can help me and advice me of what to do.. now the thing is that i dont know if i was selected.. so its a little easier for me to stay calm.. but i guess for some ppl who found out that they were selected.. i can see why they r really pissed.. but they should take a cue from you.. there's not much that can b done at this point.. thats why i respect you for being this classy at this point.. newho, lets hope for the best n besta luck to everyone.. hope we make it..!! :)

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IS what should do all who threw away their confirmation number after they had found out that they were losers. For example, i did not keep the copy of it§ but to check the winning status it is necessary. Does it mean that it's no bother to wait or they will resolve this issue? I am sure that there are plenty out there with the same case. Please report back if i am not the only one.

HAHAHAAHAHA :):)

NOW, WHO IS THE LOSER?

NEHAHAHAHAHAHA

ALL WINNERS : I FELL SORRY FOR YOU, MUST BEEN A SHOCK.

CAN'T WAIT FOR 15 JULY THOUGH I KNOW THAT I WON'T BE SELECTED BECAUSE I'M A BIG LOSER LOL

In Eccess: CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS

Hey, i forgot to congratulate the US citizens for their fair and honest gov.

USA USA USA
USA USA USA
USA USA USA

I hope i win though i won't be sad if i didn't because it's luck after all NOT a flawed algo.

hahahahaha :):)

i can understand the feeling of the ones who were told they won but it wasn't fair. I wish you all to be selected again and continue to be rejoiced but complaining to KCC etc will not do good at all. KCC have the power...what if they decide to stop this DV lottery altogether? I really admire their commitment and them coming up clean and admitting their mistakes. Come on, its a lottery. Everyone must have equal chance of winning and losing. No programming or humanly error must give one a better chance than the other. I dont think it is that hard to remember it is a LOTTERY.