It's my turn, RD-06/01 Approved on 08/16/2002

mkbalusa

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

After a wait of more than one year, I finally heard the magic words on 16th Aug on AVM. I almost lost hope after seeing all the July/Aug approvals, but finally got through. There were no RFEs. Both my wife and my case got approved according to AVM.

This board has been of tremendous support and thanks to RajivKhanna for providing a common ground, to share our thoughts, fears, happiness and all the other emotions that we go through during this process.

Hang in there guys, we should see approvals coming through. All the best for those who are waiting.

rupnet.com/immigration has been updated and it is under the userId - AmericanDream

thanks -mb :) :) :) :) :) :)

congrats mkb..

you have been an INS sufferer for a long time now and i am glad you were approved.

good luck with the future

Question for mkbalusa

Did you ever talk to the IIO in the past 2-3 months as you didn't get any RFE but still the approval took over 14 months?

Re: Question for mkbalusa

I did call them when I saw lot of approvals coming through for July/Aug last couple of months and why my case was never picked up. First seven calls were not of much use and these calls spanned across 3 months. The 8th and the last call I made on 14th Aug 02 seem to have made some impact, I am not so sure. The conversation went like this:

iio: this is xxxxx, how can I help you
me: trying to find the status on my case
iio: your eac # and name please
me: my eac # is eac-01-238-xxxxx and the name is xxxxxx
iio: case is still pending
me: according to a recent press release from vsc, I understand that you are processing rd-09/15/01
iio: that is true, and I have no idea why your case is still pending, a decision should have been made long time ago
me: exactly, and i am worried if the file is lost or some info is missing and probably an rfe was sent and it did not reach me.
iio: i see that there are no rfes on your case, but I can leave a note to my supervisor saying that this is the 8th call (from their stats) and we will see if we can speed up the process for you.
me: thanks very much
iio: give us at least another 2 weeks before your next query
me: thanks very much and I will follow-up in 2 weeks

I then tried the AVM on 16th night to see if the status has changed to asigned to an officer or something but then heard the magic words.

I hope this is of some help, but I was tired of checking the avm every night for the past 3 months, ever since I saw rd-June approvals started coming through.

thanks -mb

Originally posted by RD_Sep27
Did you ever talk to the IIO in the past 2-3 months as you didn't get any RFE but still the approval took over 14 months?