It's Friday ...

confu123

Registered Users (C)
Hey there,

Wife of one of my friends got RFE for Medical Exam. In general, it is an easy RFE. But, in her case, things are little different.

Due to generous delay by INS, she is blessed with a second baby in her womb. So, she cannot take those Medical shots.

Lots of Green-Card crazy people are suggesting Abortion - telling that Green Card is more important than second baby. I disagree. Either INS should process a case within such a time frame that there would not be a chance for second pregnancy OR she should be waived and her case should be approved by default.

July16, ShantanuB, Chicken65 etc ...what's your opinion.

:confused: :confused:

It is crazy!

It is definitely crazy to suggest abortion for green card. Babies are very special gifts. It is extermely cruel to kill them. Please....

INS Doctor told my friend who feared to be pregnant when she went for Green card ME that the tests won't affect the baby if she was pregnant. COnsult the doctor. Green card is inportant. Not important than a child. It is less cruel to go ahead and do the test , instead of aborting, in the worst case.

Mommy...PLease don't kill me.....! I promise I will prove worth than GC! PLease... Mommy....

I don't see the problem here. If she's already been through one medical exam, then her vaccination procedure should be complete now. All she probably has to do is to repeat her blood test and, if required, a TB test. If the TB test came out negative the first time and if she hasn't spent a lot of time outside America, specifically in a TB prone region like India, even that test could be waived.
Some of her friends have their priorities wrong. Although I am not against abortion, I think there is a time and reason for everything! Aborting her unborn child for a greencard?? Gimme a break!
Finally, it would take a lot more than the "generous delay by INS" to be blessed with a child ;) I think it would be unfair to blame INS entirely for the situation. A little bit of planning and execution could have averted the predicament.

Originally posted by confu123
Hey there,

Wife of one of my friends got RFE for Medical Exam. In general, it is an easy RFE. But, in her case, things are little different.

Due to generous delay by INS, she is blessed with a second baby in her womb. So, she cannot take those Medical shots.

Lots of Green-Card crazy people are suggesting Abortion - telling that Green Card is more important than second baby. I disagree. Either INS should process a case within such a time frame that there would not be a chance for second pregnancy OR she should be waived and her case should be approved by default.

my opinion

I am very pro-choice but this is pretty much the stupidest reason I have ever heard for an abortion. In this case its murder! If anyone believes that a green card is worth more than a baby, he/she/habib has completely lost values and morals. No one on this board is non-materialistic but an abortion for a green card? That’s what is called selling your soul to the devil!

If INS denies a green card based on medical reasons on this one, they are risking a law suit which will be over before the notice reaches the mail box!

abortion for a GC???

common! you are just making it up. no one could suggest abortion. we are not in China :)))
you'll get your GCs anyway, don't worry.

Go to any doctor

While she is pregnant, no doctor will do the X-Ray. I don't think that INS will reject her case. Just repeat the medical (without X-Ray and without dangerous shot, just like the first one).

There will be thousands of good lawyers more than happy to sue INS at no cost if they reject her case because of baby.

A baby is worth more than GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I beg to differ

I think, when We had gone for our medical, our medical examiner did ask us about pregnancy.

As per her, if you are preganant and they can not take certain test or administer certain vaccine, doctor will write a waiver with the reason which INS accepts.

Why all this fuss. I don't understand why people give stupid suggestion about abortion without getting complete facts.

PateintGC: you mutha fucka...

why you compare me with such a horrendous thing. I have a baby girl and I know the value of a baby. Go fu** yourself you mental a$$hole.

Originally posted by confu123
Hey there,

If it is a Friday joke, its sick and pathetic.

If it is a serious question, then Abortion is out of Question!!

Like WheresMahGreen if she was already diagonised TB Negative, then they can ask for a Waiver.

and like patienceGC mentioned "That’s what is called selling your soul to the devil!"

I specifically loved gcwait0902 response "Mommy...PLease don't kill me.....! I promise I will prove worth than GC! PLease... Mommy...."

Hope better sense prevails.

habib

lol

I didnt compare you to the person. I just used to denote a sex other than male/female and I think that should have been obvious to someone who aced his TOEFL and TSE!!

I pity the girl who has to call you "father"!

confu123,

I think this is a highly misplaced hypothetical suggestion given to ur friend.

I think INS would go strictly by whatever doctor suggests to her.

Suggestions of people on this thread have been all correct and worth following.

Why bloody we GC waiters try to create walls around the forts even before the monster has opened the eyes.

It's healthy to have debate on abor or no abor, but just coz some silly souls suggested something which may not even be within INS's preview, it will be highly unjustified to even suggest anything to ur preg. friend.

P....G, u hit the nail hard on Habib this time.

Habib, u earned the repuation thru ur own efforts and see how and who is sharing this with you.

I think, u r better off seeking advice from guys at TSC forum as u have started doing now. Guys at VSC r after ur blood for ur deeds.

Outrageous

Abortion for the sake of GC. Deport these people right away!

Most vaccinations and tests can be done for pregnant women. As far as I know she can't get an X-ray or the MMR vaccine.

Most of the people in India do get the MMR vaccine. So, she can always get a MMR titers test (I may be incorrect with the name of the test) which is done by drawing blood to verify if MMR vaccine is present (Cost about $100). Even if it is not present, the Dr can still waive it because of her pregnancy.

The Tuberculin test/X-ray would be of concern. If the lady had a physical when in US, she might have already had a TB test. Present those results.

Most of these vaccine anti-bodies can be determined by blood screening. It will cost a couple of hundred dollars where as the actual tests/Vaccinations may cost <$100. So, find an alternative by discussing with her physician (as I have noticed INS physicians are not the brightest of doctors). You can also have these tests done by your own physician and present it to the INS physician which s/he has to accept.

And obtain the list of vaccinations/tests done for GC and do some research at webmd.com. They provide reasonably basic information.

at least try ...

confu123,

I believe you should talk to the INS doctor first. They are the ones who know best if some of the tests can be waived, and they maybe even know about cases like this before! If the tests can not be waived. They might be willing to provide a letter to INS as proof, so you can file a petition to have the deadline postponed. I think anyone with a heart would give serious consideration to your situation.

I have no personal experience with this type of problem. Anyway, the first thing you can try is to call those INS doctors in your area and ask their opinion.

Keep us posted on the progress. and wish her good luck.

jian

ps. Guys, confu123 came to the board with a sincere question about a serious matter, I do not understand why some people would like to go way off topic and turned this into a name-calling argument. Whoever it is, shame on you.