Its Finally Over!!!!. I hope

lbankol

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,

I finally had my interview this morning(passed). 8.15am scheduled Interview lasted only 10-15 minutes (an hour delay). IO didn't ask for any documents except my marriage certificate. I canceled my name change(first and middle name swap) hoping that i would get my oath letter today. I was eager to get this over with because i have another journey to start with USCIS(file 1-485 for my out of status spouse). I guess i should just have done the name change.

Anyway thanks to everybody that responded to my questions (filling the N-400 section for immigration status of my spouse, out of the US in the last 5yrs for 484 days(no question asked during interview 'cos all trip was less than 6 months) etc)

Any idea of the timeline for oath letter for NYC?

Thanks again.

Citizenship Timeline
D/O : NYC
08/28/06 :N400 mailed to VSC
08/29/06 :N400 VSC Received Date
08/29/06 :N400 VSC Priority Date
09/01/06 :Check Cashed
09/05/06 :N400 VSC Notice Date
09/11/06 :N400 FP Notification Notice Date
09/16/06 :FP Appointment
10/20/06 : Naturalization Interview Notice Date
12/08/06 : Interview Date
xx/xx/xx : Oath Date
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by a moderator:
Confused

Hi,

I was just thinking about my application i noticed that the slip she gave me she didn't check the section that says congrats! Your application has been recommended for approval........ She only checked you passed tests of english and us history........... I was just too excited to remember to ask her if everything was ok with my application. Everything went very smooth during the interview. Am i been paranoid :confused:

Someone please help :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it is over but not quite yet, unfortunately. In my case the IO actually had that box " congratulations..." checked. In 2 weeks I got my oath letter. Unfortunately, as in your case, my wife had the same situation as yours since, in her case, she actually requested the name change - just the last name. It has been 2 months since the interview and we've heard nothing!! It is kind of making me feel bad. :rolleyes:

amojo said:
Well, it is over but not quite yet, unfortunately. In my case the IO actually had that box " congratulations..." checked. In 2 weeks I got my oath letter. Unfortunately, as in your case, my wife had the same situation as yours since, in her case, she actually requested the name change - just the last name. It has been 2 months since the interview and we've heard nothing!! It is kind of making me feel bad. :rolleyes:

In my own case i actually canceled the name check. I hope i won't have to wait another 2 months.

Hi,

I finally received my oath letter in the mail this afternoon. Oath scheduled for 12/22/06. What a Christmas present. I'm so so happy especially with the fast
NYC timeline. :D
Thanks to everyone at these wonderful forum.

D/O : NYC
08/28/06 :N400 mailed to VSC: Day 1
08/29/06 :N400 VSC Received Date: Day 2
08/29/06 :N400 VSC Priority Date: Day 2
09/01/06 :Check Cashed: Day 5
09/05/06 :N400 VSC Notice Date: Day 9
09/11/06 :N400 FP Notification Notice Date: Day 15
09/16/06 :FP Appointment: Day 20
10/20/06 : Naturalization Interview Notice Date : Day 54
12/08/06 : Interview Date: Day 103
12/13/06 : Interview Notice Date: Day 108
12/22/06 : Oath Date: Day 117