It's A Beautiful Day - Approved

Congrats man....

Good that u have cleared that thing b4 coming here..

so maybe we need 2 parties now..

:)

Madhav

I rather wished approval than the transfer. Enjoy goastros.
Good luck in future. My struggle continues as my first fp's are exprired.

Thanks guys.

Question for all the approved guys - -

does the approval letter state a specific location for stamping ?

My online status reflects approval of saturday.

I am moving back to Houston on 15th , thursday.
I actually have already submitted the address forward request to post office effective 07/15/04.
If I send AR-11 and also call 800 number to give new address in houston tomorrow , I could possibly get the approval letter in houston.
or else I could stop the mail forwarding.. tell the apartment people to send me the mail till 31st July ( as the apartment will be in my name).

if the approval letter states I have togoto a specific office for stamping,
then i will fly to DC for stamping on one of those later days and then file for AR-11 after that.

i have left a message with my attorney & sent him mail too.
i need to think this out quickly as I just have 2 days remaining.

Congrats!!!

Congrats! Enjoy your freedom!
Good luck with your wife's case.

I am pretty sure the approval notice does specify which office you need to go for the stamp.

Hey GoAstros!!! GREAT NEWS!!! Very happy for u!! Now hope your wife gets an approval soon! Thanks so much for all your efforts for the forum!!! Do pray for the rest of us!!! Wish you the very best!!! :D

yes. your approval letter states the office you need to go to and the timings between which the stamping is done.

All the best. welcome to the beautiful world of PR....

Aren't there..

A few members who just took a copy off the internet/email and schedule an infopass appoinment to get it stamped?

Don't worry goastros. Even if for whatever reason miss the courtesy copy sent to you by USCIS, your attorney should get original copy of approval. You should be able to use that copy and get passport stamped. You may also ask your attorney to update the address in your I485 application.

The difficult part is over. :)
Cheers!

Congrats goastros!

Congrats goastros!

Enjoy it...

I'm really happy for you.

Sorry for the late response. I've been busy lately...

I hope you're wife will be approved soon....

You've been of great help to ALL of us...Thank you...

Wish you GOOD LUCK...

Congrats Goastros and good luck with your wife's approval too.
You have been a major contributor on this forum ..

to our moving boy

it is hard to answer your question about approval letter, here is my experience:

march 25: approved massage online (it was said the letter mialed same day, but NOT)
march 29: letter mailed (by post stamp on envelop)
march 31: letter homed

on this formula, your sweet letter may be mailed already, my feeling is that it is not good idea to "bother" our esteemed ins, your address switch may delay the letter arrival, there is big possibility you will have it before you leave, even you leave, is it possible you ask somebody else to pick it up ... look luck

once again, happy moving and enjoy your real new life in the states :D :D

goastros said:
Thanks guys.

Question for all the approved guys - -

does the approval letter state a specific location for stamping ?

A: Yes it does.

My online status reflects approval of saturday.

I am moving back to Houston on 15th , thursday.
I actually have already submitted the address forward request to post office effective 07/15/04.

A: Hope this does not cause you to miss your mail (remember USPS is also a government agency). Since the Approval notice is Return Service Requested (for any reason if it cannot be delivered it will be returned to the sender.)

If I send AR-11 and also call 800 number to give new address in houston tomorrow , I could possibly get the approval letter in houston.

A: NO. It is too late.

A: I am positive they already mailed your approval and U will receive your letter tommorrow.

or else I could stop the mail forwarding.. tell the apartment people to send me the mail till 31st July ( as the apartment will be in my name).

A: Since you own the mail box till end of month you should get it. But since your forwarding starts on 15th U better get the letter by 15 else it will be sent back.

if the approval letter states I have togoto a specific office for stamping,
then i will fly to DC for stamping on one of those later days and then file for AR-11 after that.

A: I am not sure if you can try another office. Your attorney may help you better on this.

i have left a message with my attorney & sent him mail too.
i need to think this out quickly as I just have 2 days remaining.

A: Hopefull your attorney gets the original (I am sure you will get UR copy before you move), and you do not have to worry about the letter.

As soon as you clear up about which office you want to go. get an infopass appointment(most people say it is not a requirement and you can do a walk in), Actually all centers do not have it. It would be better yet if you get your
notice today and go to the local office directly. GOOD LUCK.

GcMemphis said:
Goastros, have your LUD or Online msg had ever changed ??? for me msg is still showing as "we have recd ur app for 485 on May17 2002 and will take blah blah blah" no LUD change.

GcMemphis
RD 05/17/02
FP 06/12/03
AD ????
Sent Fax to TSC on expiditing process... I don't know whether this will tigger nething or not... but keeping fingers crossed.

GCMemphis, in our cases, my status, LUDs were pretty consistent.
Fp was done on 7th Nov 03 and the LUD was 17th Nov 03.
Now since last week, my wife's case show Xferred and LUD of 7th, 9th and now 13th July.
My case LUD of 7th, 9th and today 13th.

all the best to you.

Miami_FL_TSC said:
A: Hopefull your attorney gets the original (I am sure you will get UR copy before you move), and you do not have to worry about the letter.

As soon as you clear up about which office you want to go. get an infopass appointment(most people say it is not a requirement and you can do a walk in), Actually all centers do not have it. It would be better yet if you get your
notice today and go to the local office directly. GOOD LUCK.

Thanks Miami_FL_TSC.
MY LUD is now of today 13th.

It is 11.50 am, not heard back from attorney as yet. so i have come up with my own plan.

I just went to USPS and cancelled my address forwarding.
My apartment people , a Maintainance guy and another friend are ready to check my mail and forward it to me.

now the question is do you have to goto the Application center at a specific center for stamping or no ? and with what documents ? do they check your current address then ?

Based on that is my plan - if the approval letter arrives by thursday. that is the best.
I move on thursday night.
if not, my friend checks my mail & sends the approval & transfer letter to my house in houston.
Then I fly to DC for stamping , show the VA driving license.
after that I file for AR-11, call the 800 numbers for both me & my wife.
Then my attorney starts making request to transfer my wife's case to Houston.

My message by the way reads -
This case has been approved. On July 10, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.