it was our turn for approval...

f e

Registered Users (C)
Both my and my wife\'s I-485 cases were approved yesterday,12/27/01. It is a big relief...

RD: 12/2000, ND: 01/2001, I-140 was approved for CP on 10/00, file ended up in Consulate, then sent back to VSC on 08/2001. RFE for Employment letter; received, replied and receipt acknowledged by VSC all in 10/2001.

Thanks to the participants and providers of that forum, and thanks to VSC.

Regards,

No Title

Could you tell me when you submit the medical exam?
Did you file it at the time you submit I485?
Or you submit it later as response for RFE?

Where did you have the interview?
Which state are you in?
Thanks

Congratulations - please help us out I-140 for CP

How much do you think the CP based I-140 contributed for the delay in your approval? And is there anything we can do to get back our file from consulate and avoid the delay?

Congratulations again and best of luck as a free person now.

Congratulations!

Hey, that didn\'t even take that long! Who was that great lawyer who
did it for you so seamlessly?

thanks and answers

Thanks for congratulations messages.

Peiyin, you submit medicals at the time of filing. I did not have an interview. I am in NJ.

Zambia, I am not sure how many months it added. But considering the Dec00 RD\'s were approved at least 2 months ago, you can take it as a measure. I contacted the consulate by phone and email, they gave me the date and registration number of the file they sent back to VSC. You can contact the consulate to make sure it is sent back, which of course happens when VSC requests it. If they did not get the request, then your lawyer can call VSC to make them aware of the situation, which I\'m sure they will be aware of anyway.

frustu, no, I\'m not from Rapidigm.

ny152, not for nothin\', but why do you need my lawyers\' name? I see you were approved long time ago. thanks anyway, I appreciate...

485Approval, it was a good end. I hope abhiyant gets it very soon, too.

Regards,

I have one more question - Fe

Congrats on getting ur GC

Based on the reply u gave for Zambia.

Should I contact the Consulate after contacting NVC or VSC .

Can you please provide step by step approach of this situation and also the phone numbers .

Appreciate ur help.

your situation is better than many...

You wrote in an earlier message that your attorney has already replied to NVC for them to keep the file here in US because you\'re filing for AOS. In this case, NVC holds the file, you may have nothing to do with the Consulate. I suggest you call NVC to get the answer along the lines of "yes, we have your petition, we will return it to VSC when we receive the request." I believe that request does not happen right away, it happens towards the end of the processing, maybe even after your case is with an officer.
 Unfortunately I do not have the phone number of NVC right now with me, it should be on your I-140 approval notice, and was posted here in several messages.
 Sorry I cannot provide a step-by-step procedure because i) i don\'t think there is one, ii) i did not live through all the steps myself. I became aware of the I-140/cp/consulate problem at a very late stage and things were already rolling at the time, I just kept waiting and hoping...

Regards,

congratulations f e

my fate is still hanging. i had called IIO on friday and she was surprised too that my case was still hanging. i have exact same situation as your in terms of RD/ND. she thinks the reason may be that the officer was unable to access my I-140 file !!!.

hope something happens soon.

congrats once again and all the best for ur future.