It was faster than we thought

Thanks for clarifying. How much time does it take to receive the I-140 receipt?

For CP, we wait here in USA. Once we get the interview date, we can go to India (your country) and appear in the interview.

Thanks.

jnpr said:
Suppose your filing 140 date is Sep 10, and USCIS notice date is Sep25. There is possiblity that your lawyer don't receive your 140 receipt yet on Oct 1. Then you have to wait for 140 receipt in order to file 485.
On the other hand, if you are eligible to file 485 on Oct 1, you can have concurrent file to put 140 and 485 in the same package.

For CP, do you wait here or back in your country?

gcin05 said:
Thanks for clarifying. How much time does it take to receive the I-140 receipt?

QUOTE]
It depends. You should count the days for your lawyer to send the package, CIS receive it, your letter sits there for several days, and then be noticed. The receipt will be sent to your lawyer by regular USPS mail. If you want to be cautious, count on additional days in case your lawyer doesn't receive the first mail, etc....

Mostly, USCIS will send the receipt within 2 weeks.

rir_or said:
Our company filed the total of five I-140s, on 1st and 3rd August 2005. 3 got approved, 1 in RFE, I don't have info on the last one.

Good luck, folks.
My 140 was approved in 16 days.
RD &ND 8/22
AD: 9/7

I-140 approved with combination in PERM

Hi Aooo1,

My PERM Labor with combination degree and I-140 approved, but my PERM case showing Combinational.Both approved with in 3months time frame.
Thanks,
KKT

gcin05 said:
jnpr:

Are you from MI? Just curious.
OH.I don't think it matters which state you're from or if you are concurrent/non.
I believe timing is everything. I know someone got concurrent 140 cleared in 6 weeks after RFE at Nebraska.
Somebody said EB2/3 matters, maybe.