It seems that VSC is sleeping dead

q123h

Registered Users (C)
For nearly one month, there almost no movement on 485 approval. Look like the VSC has stopped the 485 processing. What do you think, guys?

May be I am just lucky - atleast so far

My RD=11/29/2001, ND=12/14/2001, EAD=1/3/02, EAD card rcvd=1/7/02, AP approved=1/8/02. I think this is pretty efficient. And its not only just for me but for few other folks as well (this quick turnaround time). Next is FP notice - this will be an interesting one.

Waht are you talking about?

Ice Cool,

We are talking about I-485 approval processing not your case. Not EAD, not AP. What do you mean of pretty efficient ?

EAD/AP process is faster now...

Well, I guess they reassigned people to work on the EAD/AP process so the 485 stuff is taking longer?! Like Ice Cool, my receipts et al came in pretty fast...

No Title

You won\'t understand what I am talking about because usually I don\'t understand what you write about.
What I wanted to convey was that atleast EAD and AP turnaround times at VSC is relatively quick (of course each of the 485, EAD and AP are handled by different departments which work at their own pace). This is what I meant by pretty efficient. Couple of the posters on this forum already got their FP notices with ND in Nov/Dev 01. With PD\'s being current in all categories for all countries, all the three 485, 765 and 131 may move in tandem (atleast thats what appear from the recent EAD and AP approval times). The conclusion is that things are not stagnate at VSC, but they may not be progressing at the pace we would like them. No more from you Even Shang.

This is unfortunate to some of us

Rememeber it took about 3 months for me to get I-485 receipt back to June. Now VSC seems to shove people to the mailroom to work on receipt things. I think they either have some managemnet problems or intend to slow the approvals

JimZ
RD 6/1
ND 8/16

No Title

If only there is a way that we can let VSC knows that we are suffering in pain to wait for their slowly processing!

No Title

A lot of RD and ND in Feb, 2001 cases are still waiting. Do you think it is pretty efficient? Probably you like to wait for
2 years, 3 years, ..... No more from you ice cool.

Agree with JimZ... and I think Ice Cool is also very lucky...

I feel like it\'s the same bunch of people who are stuck in this long process.

I140:
It took Sept 2000 filer more than 6 months to get approval but now, it takes only 2 months I think.

I485:
Again, it took roughly 2 to 3 months for these people to get 485 receipt but now, it only takes about 2 weeks or so to get the receipt.

INS is moving its speed but it should be more consistent. Hopefully, we will see more I485 approvals soon.