It is wierd!!!

man39.99

Registered Users (C)
My wife got her I-485 approved on June 29, 2005 and received her plastic card, back-dated the residence date since 06/29/04, in the following week. But today she received a letter from CIS saying that "residence since" date is incorrect and instructs her to replace her card. As far as I know, one year date back is normal for this case. And minutes ago, I called CIS customber service and the lady told me it is not normal to date back one year :confused: Anyone has this kind of experiences????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Tha IS weird. My dad got aproved recently, and his was backdated a year!!! Wonder what's going on?!

man39.99 said:
My wife got her I-485 approved on June 29, 2005 and received her plastic card, back-dated the residence date since 06/29/04, in the following week. But today she received a letter from CIS saying that "residence since" date is incorrect and instructs her to replace her card. As far as I know, one year date back is normal for this case. And minutes ago, I called CIS customber service and the lady told me it is not normal to date back one year :confused: Anyone has this kind of experiences????????

Some recent highl school drop out has just been hired and that son of a bitch is trying to impress his boss that he is working very hard on "cases"....

Yes, I received the same letter today, I will ask my lawyer tomorrow.
Anybody else has the same experience?

Everything is possible with Nebraska.Maybe rule change and every 1- year backdated GC holder is gonna certainly receive that shit letter.Let's see.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approval Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005.Backdated sep 15,2004.Not yet received a letter requesting correction.

Just ignore the letter (or write a letter if you want to kill the time), must be a dumb error from BCIS.

N4th3l said:
Yes, I received the same letter today, I will ask my lawyer tomorrow.
Anybody else has the same experience?

N4th3l, please keep posting and see what's happening.

Dear Man39.39:

Did they ask your wife to send back that backdate 1 year's GC first ? or they give her a new one first?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cody2,

They asked to send back the card together with their original letter. And a new card will be issued within 3 weeks.

I had a dream the other night

Folks:

In the dream, INS sent me a new card backdated to the day I entered the US. Now I am hoping that they would backdate my GC to my AP date. Anyone else believe it's really happenning with this "weird" card recall?

ofu
---------------------------------------------

man39.99 said:

i really hope our GC backdated from the day we granted asylum,

i got my gc on aug 17 2005,its backdated one year aug 17 2004,

i was granted asylum feb 2000

Dear Mr. 39

The immigration law that governs asylees is clear when it comes asylee adjustment status. I have copied the provision that governs it. I am sure every asylee who asked asylee status in the United States and was granted under section 208 of the act, when this asylee gets his greencard approved regardless of how many years it was pending they normally backdate it only one year. For example, if you were granted asylum in 1999 and you applied for greencard in 2000, if it is approved in July 06, they will backdate it july 2005. I am not sure the case of you wife's case. It may be positive that you petitioned your wife overseas and she was admitted legally in this case her greencard may be bacdated as of the date she was admitted as refugees.
Let me know. If your wife was granted asylum status in the US whether she was primary applicant or secondary, they will backdate only one year. so let me know where your wife the status.

Sec. 209. [8 U.S.C. 1159]

(a)(1) Any alien who has been admitted to the United States under section 207 -

(A) whose admission has not been terminated by the 2/ Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General pursuant to such regulations as the 2/ Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General may prescribe,

(B) who has been physically present in the United States for at least one year, and

(C) who has not acquired permanent resident status, shall, at the end of such year period, return or be returned to the custody of the Department of Homeland Security 2/ for inspection and examination for admission to the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the provisions of sections 235, 240, and 241.

(2) Any alien who is found upon inspection and examination by an immigration officer pursuant to paragraph (1) or after a hearing before an immigration judge to be admissible (except as otherwise provided under subsection (c)) as an immigrant under this Act at the time of the alien's inspection and examination shall, notwithstanding any numerical limitation specified in this Act, be regarded as lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence as of the date of such alien's arrival into the United States.

(b) 1/ 3/ The Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General, in the Secretary's or the Attorney General's discretion and under such regulations as the Secretary or the Attorney General may prescribe, may adjust to the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence the status of any alien granted asylum who—

(1) applies for such adjustment,

(2) has been physically present in the United States for at least one year after being granted asylum,

(3) continues to be a refugee within the meaning of section 101(a)(42)(A) or a spouse or child of such a refugee,

(4) is not firmly resettled in any foreign country, and

(5) is admissible (except as otherwise provided under subsection (c)) as an immigrant under this Act at the time of examination for adjustment of such alien. Upon approval of an application under this subsection, the 3/ Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General shall establish a record of the alien's admission for lawful permanent residence as of the date one year before the date of the approval of the application.

Pay attension section #5

one-of-u said:
Folks:

In the dream, INS sent me a new card backdated to the day I entered the US. Now I am hoping that they would backdate my GC to my AP date. Anyone else believe it's really happenning with this "weird" card recall?ofu
---------------------------------------------
It heppened to my best friend. His GC was backdated to the day he entered the US. He applied for citizenship a year later, and is now a US citizen!

Dear man39.39:

What does original letter mean? Is the formal approval letter or the letter which held that plastic card? Please verify.

faysal said:
The immigration law that governs asylees is clear when it comes asylee adjustment status. I have copied the provision that governs it. I am sure every asylee who asked asylee status in the United States and was granted under section 208 of the act, when this asylee gets his greencard approved regardless of how many years it was pending they normally backdate it only one year. For example, if you were granted asylum in 1999 and you applied for greencard in 2000, if it is approved in July 06, they will backdate it july 2005. I am not sure the case of you wife's case. It may be positive that you petitioned your wife overseas and she was admitted legally in this case her greencard may be bacdated as of the date she was admitted as refugees.
Let me know. If your wife was granted asylum status in the US whether she was primary applicant or secondary, they will backdate only one year. so let me know where your wife the status.

(A) whose admission has not been terminated by the 2/ Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General pursuant to such regulations as the 2/ Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General may prescribe,

(B) who has been physically present in the United States for at least one year, and

(C) who has not acquired permanent resident status, shall, at the end of such year period, return or be returned to the custody of the Department of Homeland Security 2/ for inspection and examination for admission to the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the provisions of sections 235, 240, and 241.

(2) Any alien who is found upon inspection and examination by an immigration officer pursuant to paragraph (1) or after a hearing before an immigration judge to be admissible (except as otherwise provided under subsection (c)) as an immigrant under this Act at the time of the alien's inspection and examination shall, notwithstanding any numerical limitation specified in this Act, be regarded as lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence as of the date of such alien's arrival into the United States.

(b) 1/ 3/ The Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General, in the Secretary's or the Attorney General's discretion and under such regulations as the Secretary or the Attorney General may prescribe, may adjust to the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence the status of any alien granted asylum who—

(2) has been physically present in the United States for at least one year after being granted asylum,

(3) continues to be a refugee within the meaning of section 101(a)(42)(A) or a spouse or child of such a refugee,

(5) is admissible (except as otherwise provided under subsection (c)) as an immigrant under this Act at the time of examination for adjustment of such alien. Upon approval of an application under this subsection, the 3/ Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General shall establish a record of the alien's admission for lawful permanent residence as of the date one year before the date of the approval of the application.

Pay attension section #5

faysal! can you post the actual URL link plz?

bringslite said:
It heppened to my best friend. His GC was backdated to the day he entered the US. He applied for citizenship a year later, and is now a US citizen!

Are you sure your friend was an asylee or a refugee ? and the IO never asked this issue ( 5 yr after PR ) when he was on citizenship interview ? Please verify.

faysal said:

Pay attension section #5
My wife got her asylum approved, in which she is the primary applicant, in 1999 here in the states, not overseas.

cody2 said:
Dear man39.39:

What does original letter mean? Is the formal approval letter or the letter which held that plastic card? Please verify.
The original letter is just an informal piece of light blue paper stating an error by CIS and what should need to be submitted to them, such as 2 photos, form 90, green card.........

Dear Man39.39:

Have you sent back your wife's GC? my wife got the same letter today, but her GC is dated June 5, 2005. Need I send it back, it seems my wife's GC has no mistake.