It is time we start lobbying

RAVY

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Thousands of us are patiently waiting for 485 approvals, but delays at INS are getting worse.

I think it is time to start lobbying with congress and let our voices be heard.

A few thousand e-mails from us may cause them to think about the magnitude of the problem. And we need to keep the pressure up by reminding them about this issue every month.

Hopefully, they will realize the gravity of the issue and its impact on so many people who are contributing to this economy and do something about it.

We need to try. Any other ideas?

Ravy

I think the one way for it to work would be to target and harass one person in particular. I know someone before mentioned Sensenbrenner as a possibility. A concerted effort could be made to mail, email and call one important person's office untilt they are motivated to act.
I think that this would be more beneficial than sporadic calls to various people.

Lobbying

Apart from losing your patience while waiting for approval and irrelevent behavior of INS in approving, Don't you think you are in a serious trouble. ie. Aren't you supposed to prove to the people whoever we are lobbying with that, if INS isn't doing its job we will be in grave danger?

As far as INS concerned, if they don't approve on time, they would additional money from you in the name of fees for EAD and AP.

If someone(an authorized people or agency) asks about the situation, my bet is that INS lazy bugs would say that EAD is the most important thing, delaying that would put someone in critical situation so we are working on EADs

Swami
I'm as pissed off as you all. But there is no way!! thats is the reality

Huh!! This frustration is mounting day by day. Now NSC instead of approving the cases has started issuing 2nd rfe as seen from other threads? How unfortunate!
As mentioned by KennyGH I think we can send emails to Sen senbrenner.

First and foremost, the person with the most influence on the INS is the United States Attorney's office. He/She defends the INS in court. More times than not, he/she contacts INS and pressures them to settle.

However, the US attorney will act only if a complaint is threatened in federal court against the INS. Legal costs range from 5 to 10K on an individual basis.

Next, is Jim Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin. He chairs the Judicial congressional oversight committe (which includes the INS.)

He has been outspoken critic of the INS. In my humble opinion, he is the most likely candidate to focus attention to our plight.

That's my humble opinion.

we should do something!

The folks in the I-485 Nebraska forum together alone would have paid a million dollars in taxes. The basis of American war of independence was "No taxation without representation". So we have every right to call our respective senators and demand them to give a status on what is happening with our applications.

We could also draw attention to this issue with people responsible for overseeing the INS or the DHS.

We could also support organisations like AILA or ISN(www.isn.org) who already are doing their part in helping the situation.

Folks! Let us talk this thriugh and make some decisions. LEt us request all members of this forum to give a helping hand.

I wrote to alleast a dozen people when there was news that the visitor visa is going to be cut to one month. I dont know what impact I had on that, but the law was never put into effect. Let us do our part and then hope for the best.

Thanks

I do like the idea of sending emails to Senetors. However it seems that nothing will yield any result. That leaves us to one direction, i.e. to seek legal recourse. I do not know that is possible or not. However employment based GC force one to stay and maintain identical employment condition throughout the process, which in turn restricts us to pursue better future till our applications are decided. In my view that is a human rights violation. This may be used in any legal recourse.

Just my 2 cents and I am NOT a lawyear.

Thats all.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great idea. Nobody is going to help us until WE DO something. Let's not give up so easily. Though I don't exactly know what to do, I'll do whatever is required if someone comes up with an idea.

cmr

Guys,

You were all right, after reading pk77's reply, I have browsed thru and noticed that many of members getting second RFE, if this continues NSC would just do never ending RFEs

But on the other hand What can we do abut it, I'm not sure.

SwamiG

Legal recourse?

I considered it. It is expensive. Enquired, received several estimates. Estimates range from 5 to 10K.

Problems. First, the INS is going to scutinize your application much more thouroughly.

Not the most efficient way. Federal courts are jammed. If the US attorney decides to fight it out in court; anywhere from 6 months to year before going to a judge.

Then again, the US attorney might decide not worth it. Pressure the INS to adjudicate case.

Given recent events. Federal judges are much more inclined to favor the gov. for "national security reasons."

Let's focus our attention on the legislative rather than the judicial. Keep the emails, faxes & letters (should approach with all three. I.e. emails are easy to delete.)

Jim Sensenbrenner, is my pick for focusing our attention.

The above is my humble opinion.