It could be your sister

I strongly codemn Star and Buc Wild

These guys are jealous 'cos they couldn't find job here in US...and couldn't tollerate the growth of Indians ..These guys are " LIKE BARKING AT MOUNTAIN" ..Soon they stop knowing they can do nothing..Daya gonna come...

Utterlly shamefule, disgraceful, insenstive and racial !! I was very much offended by it. I cannot imagine what the girl in India must have gone through. These good for nothing show hosts ought to be debarred. Instead all they got was a ONE day suspension from the radio station !! This should be condemned by all who feel strongly.

Here is the exerpt of the last part. Here Star is the American Radio host, and Steena is the Indian call center girl. This was aired on Philly's 99 FM on December 15th.

Star: Ma'am, I don't know what the hell you're saying. Hang on a second. Let me try and get something straight here. The quick beads, like Venus and Serena Williams, that to advertise to -- to the white kids on television. This call has been outsourced to India?

Steena: That's right.

Star: Well, ma'am, what the eff would you know about an American white girl's -- uh, uh -- hair? And quick beads.

Steena: Just to inform you, ma'am, we're a national chain services company. And we're just taking calls on the opposite...

Star: Listen, bitch! Don't get slick with the mouth! Don't you get slick with me, bitch!

Steena: Now if you continue to speak this language, I will disconnect the call.

Star: Listen to me, you dirty rat eater. I'll come out there and choke the eff out of you. (laughter)

Star: You're a filthy rat eater. I'm calling about my American six year old white girl. How dare you outsource my call? Get off the line, bitch! (laughter, end of tape)

Star: Pull it up. (laughter)

Star: Heard they listen well out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
sertra2002 said:
Here is the exerpt of the last part. Here Star is the American Radio host, and Steena is the Indian call center girl. This was aired on Philly's 99.5 FM on December 15th.

Star: Ma'am, I don't know what the hell you're saying. Hang on a second. Let me try and get something straight here. The quick beads, like Venus and Serena Williams, that to advertise to -- to the white kids on television. This call has been outsourced to India?

Star: Well, ma'am, what the eff would you know about an American white girl's -- uh, uh -- hair? And quick beads.

Steena: Just to inform you, ma'am, we're a national chain services company. And we're just taking calls on the opposite...

Star: Listen, bitch! Don't get slick with the mouth! Don't you get slick with me, bitch!

Star: Listen to me, you dirty rat eater. I'll come out there and choke the eff out of you. (laughter)

Star: You're a filthy rat eater. I'm calling about my American six year old white girl. How dare you outsource my call? Get off the line, bitch! (laughter, end of tape)

I think this guy was drunk or under influance and all the hidden hate came out of his mouth.

I am proud of Steena who handled the call in utterly professional manner even when Star was hurling all kinds of shit at her. This professional attitude goes in a long way for Indians and brings more Call Center business to India.

We are not surprised at the outrage since the people here are not used to losing jobs and not getting another for a long time. Except for brief periods of recessions, this country has seen long era of good jobs so it will take a while for them to sink in and understand that now they live in a Global village and this is what capitalism is. If you can take the goodies of Capitalism then better be ready for the baddies as well.

Full marks to Steena....... :D and
:eek: :eek: :eek: to Star

Does this show have any e-mail address, we can fill their mail box with our messages expressing the dissent ?

Couldnt stop myself from writing on this thread. If these people are really worried about their country they should stop buying everything from Wal-Mart (Made in China). They should also stop running their cars (GAS is made in some Gulf country). And two BLACK guys (African american Brothers as they are called not to offend them) putting racism shit on Indians .. what a joke. It cant be anything more then some sick mind to pull this. How could these people forget the opression their community has faced in this country and now they are pulling the same one on some other community .. what a shame !!!!

absolutely

This is completely the case- they moan about outsourcing and are abusive to someone who is an ENGINEERING GRADUATE and is working in a call center, but if they should be attacking anyone, it is the American companies that outsource- or did they forget that it is the US distributor who has outsorced the job in order to increase profits??? I don't see them denying themselves any of the consumer products or banking and credit card services which seem to offend them so much.

I am not against outsourcing- it is partof the system we are involved with, but I am against an educated woman working in a job where she has to take abuse from an uneducated ignorant pig- irrespective of their race, ethnicity or the country they happen to be in.

sorry for ranting- but I am really angry :(

It is only "fools" that believe that USA can live without outsourcing. If that had been the case, an ordinary pant or shirt can cost anywhere from 100 to 200 bucks. :)

sertra2002 said:
Here is the exerpt of the last part. Here Star is the American Radio host, and Steena is the Indian call center girl. This was aired on Philly's 99.5 FM on December 15th.

Curious... I could not find Any station in PA broadcasting at 99.5 with a staff member called 'Star'. Can you give the original source? Not voicing any opinions, but a I suspect a little background check on this 'story' is in order.

jacquelina said:
This is completely the case- they moan about outsourcing and are abusive to someone who is an ENGINEERING GRADUATE and is working in a call center, but if they should be attacking anyone, it is the American companies that outsource- or did they forget that it is the US distributor who has outsorced the job in order to increase profits??? I don't see them denying themselves any of the consumer products or banking and credit card services which seem to offend them so much.

I am not against outsourcing- it is partof the system we are involved with, but I am against an educated woman working in a job where she has to take abuse from an uneducated ignorant pig- irrespective of their race, ethnicity or the country they happen to be in.

sorry for ranting- but I am really angry :(

I am hesitant to be involved in such discussions for fear of my views being misconstrued and also for starting a long discussion chain. However, I thought of responding to this one. I'm sure that most educated engineering graduates would not work for a call center by choice. In India, good jobs are not available in abundance, at least were not when I was in India. Being in the USA, it is relatively easy for us to think this way, but the situation in India is different. There are thousands (if not millions) of engineers or PhD graduates working for a meager salary (or jobless) because there are no high-profile jobs available to them.

Anyways, this is outrageous and we should go a step higher and register our protests.

Thanks.

to pineapple

FYI, if you search, it is easy to find- this story is unfortunately true and there are several articles about it online- the stattion is
http://www.power99.com/main.html

this is the philly station where is happened- they guys are called star and Buc and they are moving to the NYC clearchannel station on jan 17th.

we should all complaintot clear channel- they are big company and this would hurt them (hopefully)

Guys,

FOA, hats up that Maam. She really pulled it and proved it that she is professional and came from a good respected background not like the guys
like 'moonshiner' and 'donkeykong' who are sailing in the same boat as 'Star and buck' are.. Tired of life with failures and looking for reasons to blame and point others.

Pls take a moment and read the following link too and I reguest you to please comment,

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=1027963#post1027963.

It's not one country we are talking about, it's the human respect.
So, take a counter part.

Pineapple said:
Curious... I could not find Any station in PA broadcasting at 99.5 with a staff member called 'Star'. Can you give the original source? Not voicing any opinions, but a I suspect a little background check on this 'story' is in order.

The channel is 99 FM. Sorry about the typo. Here is their website : http://www.power99.com/main.html

Also note the apology posted on their home page:

"The Star & Buc Wild Show prides itself on walking on the edge. On December 15th, we crossed it. We know the pain racial slurs cause and apologize that this comedy segment went too far."

And if you are still doubting the auhencity of the 'story', take the time to go to the URLsin the first post.