• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Issues with high DV lottery case number and only have 30 days to file for change of status?

jerrymaliti9753

i won greencard lottery for fiscal year 2013, my number will be current on september 1st 2013,but i only have until september 30th 2012 to have my interview with USCIS.I called USCIS and they told me i have to file for expedite when i apply for change of status which i am planning to file on sept 1st.Currently i have set up an appointment with the local office so i can get more information.Also Department of state said if i wont change my status by sept 30th i will be disqualified for the lottery.I am just trying to find out if USCIS will be able to set up an interview withing a month,i am sure i am not the first on to be in this situation.

You need to be VERY prepared to push your case through fast. There are a couple of excellent threads on AOS and you should read them from start to finish to make sure you fully understand the process. Look for ways to make the process as fast as possible. Starting aos in September is risky - so try to find ways to cut that risk down...

I read of people sending their I-485 package a month before their number became current with a note explaining the case.

Do you know if their application was accepted?

I believe this guy sent it 2 months prior to his number becoming current. At that time it was rejected. He tried again a month before, including the note I told you about and it was accepted. The note I'm talking about is something specific that advises the representative to accept early application for diversity lottery applications. I believe I read about it in "DV-2013 AOS only" forum.