Issued a RFE today..

roran

Registered Users (C)
How long will it take for me to get the details from INS/lawyer? Any ideas ?
Damn frustrated. Changed job after 10 months.
What can it be possibly for ?
Input appreciated. Spouse has not been issued RFE.

roran

I am really sorry to hear about your RFE.

But look at the brighter side, atleast your case is moving now.

It wont be long now, Can I Expect a RADO?????

:D :D :D

roran dont be Frustrated
Eventually they will be Defeated

So what if they sent you RFE
Soon you will be vacationing in Santa FE

Normally you Roar like a Lioness
Though I know you are a person of Finesse

Kind of reminds me of my days of waiting
when even my wives words were debating

and my kids didnt know or care
what dad did or how they fare

when you are approved, without further ADO
just think about sending me a RADO

Wish you all the best

Relax -- It will be simple

Roran finally you are seeing some light. The RFE will be simple. Just relax as it will take at least a week to reach your lawer.

July16, you're great... what a poem :)

roran, keep your fingers crossed and hope for an easy RFE and a speedy approval. Wish you all the best!

Thanks everyone..

July16:

That was a very nice poem. Istn't it unfair to be issued an RFE after so long? Anyway, I had expected the worse to happen. I am surprised that I am not tensed at all. I had got an RFE in my 140 after 7 months for 1 yr paystubs, 2 tax returns,W2's,Employment letter and what not. So, here I am with another RFE in 485 too. Let's talk abt Rolex later after I send the RFE reply.

GentleBreeze: Probably that is the reason I am not feeling tensed.

vidongre:

Thanks for ur wishes.

I hope my lawyer cooperates well with me. I changed job after 10 months. I do not know if my current employer will be willing to give me a prospective, continued employment letter(if that's the RFE).
Can I hire Sheela Murthy just for answering RFE? I am confused.

roran

Sorry about your RFE.

I too received a RFE couple of weeks back, I also changed the job after 7 months.

Finally the RFE went to my previous company lawyers, by gods grace those guys sent the RFE notice to me after couple of days. I am so releived that it was a medical RFE. I replied to the RFE myself.

Va_dude:

Did your spouse(if u r married) get RFE?
What was wrong in your medicals?
As my spouse did not get RFE, I doubt it to be for medicals.

roran

My spouse did get RFE, so I kinda knew that would be medical/ Birth/marriage certificate.

In your case I presume it could be emloyment verification, but dont panic... answer your query and see.

Good luck !

thanks.

My lawyer asks me not to speculate anything and wait till he receives the notice.

hey roran, sorry to hear about your rfe. i know what you mean when you say 'isn't it unfair... after so long'. well what can you do, that is life.

it will take another few weeks and it will be ok. va_dude is right check with your previous lawyer also. hope you are keeping all the obvious paper work ready so you can reply to the rfe quickly.

Bobby:

I do not know whether this RFE is good/bad. Depends on the RFE itself.:(
I have retained my previous employer's lawyer and in fact i keep in touch regularly with my previous employer(who is a desi friend). I hope I can come out of this RFE nightmare soon.
Hope and pray that all Sept filers get approved soon.

If possible, get cuurrent employment letter from your lawyer, make copies of last years tax return, w-2 forms, pay stubs. In case you do not need it, you lose nothing; if INS asks for those info., you save time. I believe if we can send our reply one day earlier, it would be in our advantage.

hey roran

i also got an RFE after waiting for 13 months..REF was issued on 11/15th. Waiting from the lawyer...:(

roran.

Sorry to hear about RFE.
Its better to get RFE then Interview. Some of the Folks got Interview and they don't know when they will get the Interview dates..

I think your RFE is for your JOB Change after 10 months, but they still need your Pay stubs, W2 and Employment letter.

Good Luck.

thanks..

I am going to make a copy of my paystubs, W2's, Tax returns and wait for the letter from lawyer. Then I will go about framing the employment letter( 'cos it depends what INS wants..). If they want a plain employment letter, I am lucky. Otherwise my lawyer has to frame one(depending on INS request) and then I will request it from my current employer.
Next week is TG week. I will be glad if i can mail it after TG at the earliest.

sorry to hear about your RFE roran.
Your employment letter should have the date you were hired, your terms of employment and your salary. These were things that were asked of me.
I agree with you it is so damned unfair. I feel like clawing the wall sometimes myself. Atleast it is good to get some response though.