• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Issue with USCIS Fee

Agu

Registered Users (C)
I don't have credit card currently, can I pay the fee through pay-pal or normal bank transfer?

Please how long does it take for me to get my SSN. Does it come together with GC?

No, they get sent separately. SSN cards usually arrive within a couple of weeks, but you can get your number before it arrives by going to a social security office where they can look up your case (they can also check that the request has been triggered, some people have reported that theirs don't arrive automatically). SSN card production does not depend on your having paid the ELIS fee.

Green cards are currently taking an average of around 2 months from entry or ELIS payment (whichever is later) to arrive. But your endorsed immigrant visa acts a temporary green card after you enter so you can use that for proof of permanent residence if you need it.