Issue travelling back to US with GC

mma5566

Registered Users (C)
My green card was approved in Nov 2001. Couple of months back I was travelling to Mexico. This was the first time I went out side the country. At my portof entry(Houston, TX) while returning, security people told me that they can not find me in the computer. Up on my query about how did they search, the said that they searched by my last name and DOB. After walking to the office, they were able to find me by my alien number. They also informed me that, I might face it on and off while I am travelling untill I become a citizen. Because they have not transfer all the data for all the countries to the new system(???).

Anybody had similar experience or any idea?

Regards.

This is interesting. I drove from Canada, and the checkpoint officer just looked at the greencard briefly; didn't even scan it. I've seen some older green cards that looked more like laminated ID cards (although I believe they were from the 90s). Does your have the latest features?

If this occurs at the next POE, maybe you can just ask them to look up your A#.

rgds,
sadiq

I realize that they have done the look up in the computer in Houston after I board in Mexico. They could not find me when they searched by last name or DOB. They did not know my A# until I arrieve in US, so they could not search it by A#. Could the airline put my A# during boarding, so that these guys know my A# before? I really hate to go through this situation again.

Any insight to the matter will be appreciated.