ISLAMABAD: New H1 visa processing time.

Marker

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Can anyone of you tell me how much time is it taking to get the new H1 visa stamped from Islamabad. Its been 7 weeks and no response yet from IBD.

Today's date: 02/22/05

I applied for my H1-B revalidation and have been waiting for over 11 weeks now. I hope yours takes less than that.

Ali

Got the visa

Got the passport with visa stamped yesterday. Thank you all for your help.

Best wishes to those who are still waiting for their visa to arrive , and good luck to those who will start working in US.

Interview in IBD: Jan/5th
Passport received in LHE: Feb/24th

My experience with Islamabad Embassy

Hi guys

I completed my BS degree from USA and changed my status from F1 to H1 in October 2004. I have been working there for a while. Recently I traveled to Islamabad Pakistan to visit my family. Due to change of status my previous student visa was no longer valid so I had to apply for a work visa. Firstly I had to get a new Machine Readable Passport as it’s a requirement for US visas now.

I appeared in front of the counselor at Islamabad embassy on May 11, 2005. The only documents besides my H1b approval he asked for were my I-20s (Student documents). Then he handed me a letter from embassy and told me that I am eligible for the visa and the embassy will wait for a confirmation/authorization from Washington DC. There is no way to expedite the process and they will be unable to provide any status on it. It can take 2-8 weeks in process. As soon as they receive the confirmation they will stamp the visa and I will receive a call from American Express. I was not asked for Finger Printing.

Since then I have called American Express several times and they keep saying we have not received your passport from the embassy yet, as soon as we will, you will hear from us. Their number is 111786111, but it’s useless to call them, as they have no knowledge of what’s going on.

I called the US Embassy few days ago to check status on my visa. Their numbers are 208-0000, 208-2700 and 208-2121. I was told that they are waiting for some kind of confirmation from Washington DC.

Does anyone know who in Washington DC is sending these confirmations? Does anyone know their contact information? Since I was not asked for fingerprinting I am assuming that my case is not waiting for FBI clearance. If anyone have any useful information please share it.

Thanks

Hi dokteriq,

The confirmations are sent by the US Dept. of State. They deal with all the other agencies like FBI, that are involved in security clearance. It takes variable amount of time depending on each individual case for the completion of this processing. In my case, I have been waiting for over 10 months now.

You can call the State Dept directly to find the status of your case.

-Ali

What about Pakistanis applying for visas from other countries. I mean, i will be applying for H1 stamping from Canada. Would they ask me to get new Machine Readable Passport from Pak Embassy in Washighton DC ?