Is TSC speeding up??

Gking

Registered Users (C)
I know the school started on 08/19/02 in Dallas. From the Tracker, TSC approved 6 cases in 3 days from 8/19-21 (Mon-Wed last week) (sg94aphw, please add one from rupnet.com/immigration: ApprovedinFL, EB3, ND 4/26/01, FP 6/20/02, AD 8/20/02). I would expect TSC is faster in September. Hope at least the trend can continue.

It seems TSC has been mainly approving cases with FP done in Mar, May and June. Here are those approvals in August:

FP Date--------Case (in which RFE case in June or July)
Feb/02---------1
Mar/02---------4
Apr/02---------1 (1)
May/02---------5 (1)
June/02--------5 (1)

In addition, 1 case with FP done in May Xsferred, 1 with FP done in May got RFE.

Thus, no new case with FP done in April got approved. I do not know why the cases with FP done in April are forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about that.

Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

Updated 08/25/2002: INS HQ Prioritization Policy of I-140: New Wonderland

- The INS sources indicate that as the INS launched the I-140/I-485 concurrent filing, the Service Centers had been given a guidance by the INS HQ to complete processing of I-140 petitions within 60-day mark. Readers, don't be surprised if you get the news that your I-140 petitions have been approved. There are indications and signs that the Service Centers indeed have started implementing this prioritization policy. This opens a question as to its impact on the concurrently filed I-485 applications with the I-140 Receipt Notice only and without the knowledge of approval of the I-140 petitions. We hope that the Service Centers continue to adjudicate the I-485 applications without rejecting such applications or issuing RFEs. Well, we'll have to wait and see. Please stay tuned to this web site.

- The sign is clear with the I-140 petitions which was filed independently and pending before the concurrent filing regulation came into effect. It is, however, unclear at this point whether the Service Centers are also adopting the same policy with the concurrently filed I-140 petitions. Please stay tuned to this web site for the development of this news.

Question:
To avoid adjudicating I485 before I140, TSC is going to approve I140 petitions within 60 days. Do they realize it is going to pile up a ton of I485s within a short time? This might actually slow down I485 processing times even more. :mad:

It seems those self-petitioned cases without lawyers

got approved faster. Also those cases with primary applicants did not apply for EAd and AP got approvals faster.

Anapplicant should have got his FP done on 5/30/02 (not 5/20/02 in the Tracker). I do not understand what he meant that "Received EAD and AP on time.). I guess he should not have applied for EAD and AP himself.

Lets see what will happen this week in TSc. Also I hope we could see a few approvals with AD of Thursday and Friday last week. It is likely most of the cases with FP of May and June will get approved soon. Hope TSc can then quickly come back to process those cases with FP done in March and April. I think there are only a few cases with FP done in Feb pending. Those cases should be all aproved shortly.

Sai Babu, recectly, almost all RFe cases were approved in one month. You should follow up your case. It has been sitting in TSc for too long.

Good luck to everyone.

I filed my I-485, EAD and AP at the same time and received EAD and AP within 45~90 days(That's what I meant 'on time'). I did my FP at local office on 05/20/02. Its result was received by INS on 06/01/02.
If someone has any experience for passport stamping in Charlotte,NC, please share with me. Thanks.

Anapplicant, thanks for the clarification,

I got specially interested in your case because my FP date was scheduled on 5/20/02, but I did it on 4/20/05. I felt regret that I did it ahead of schedule, otherwise my case might have been approved as well. So I did a name search on you to find details of your case.

I found the lastest post you posted on 5/29/02. From the post you said you received the FP on that day with issued date of 5/13/02.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?postid=78423#post78423

"Anapplicant

Priority date on FP notice is same as I-485 received date?
I received my FP notice today on which I found that PRIORITY DATE is the same as RECEIVED DATE. Is that a mistake? Anyone in this group has any clue?

29th May 2002 08:10 AM "

Now it seems TSc is just processing cases randomly based on FP. I feel bad again that I did FP ahead of schedule.

Congrats to you. Again, did you file your case yourself or through a lawyer? Thanks.

For passport stamping, I think it should be easy. As far as I know, if you just go there before 11am, you will actually save time. Most people tend to go there early morning.

Hi, Gking, I filed I-485, EAD and AP myself. I did my FP ahead of schedule too(30 days earler). So that's not the problem.

IIOs

I remember reading in Murthy.Com chat that if you make frequent phone calls to IIO about your case, your case will be remembered and delayed deliberately.

May be we guys, who are hanging on these forums, feeling nervous, posting in all trackers possible, making calls to talk to IIOs whenever we can and making things delayed with our own hands. There might be lots and lots of people, who don't post anything in these forums, who are cool and just getting whatever they want.

Just one more nervous thought.

RFE Response

My lawyer has resent the RFE response on 27th August again to INS Texas with a covering letter that orginal response was sent on June 12th and quoting the certified mail number. Just to be on safe side we also faxed the RFE response on 29th August. Finally on 30th August the AVM was updated with the message RFE response was received and it will take 735-775 days for approval.

I need to see how long will it take from now.

It took 5 weeks in my friend's case for approval.

AVM was updated on 07/23/02 with the message RFE response was received and it was approved on 08/27/02.

My theory on random FP

TSC is either issuing FP for very old cases or very new ones.
It may be because they are trying to make thier AVERAGE processing time look good? maybe thy have some sort of an internal QC audit that among other things looks at their average processing times. So, in an attempt to not look even sloppier than they are viewed currently, they are leaving out the cases that don't affect the average processing time by much ( May - Dec 2001 cases ).

Any opinions?

:mad: If you have waited for 800 days how long more INS can delay cause you called to ask them the statsu again and again ???