Is Transit Visa required for countries HongKong/Singapore By Cathay Pacific flight?

GC_portlander

Registered Users (C)
I have passport stamping for green card and didn't recevie the actual plastic card yet. I do have plans to go India for vacaton before I get the plastic card. My travel is through Taipai/HongKong/Singapore by Cathay Pacific Airlines. Do I need transit visa for any of the countries mentioned above?

Please share your valuable insights. Who provides the information? Does travel agents provide this information or the airline companies? Or do we need to check with individual Embassies?

If anyone knows about the transit visa information for the above countries, please let me know.

--Regards,

No, you do not need a transit visa if you are flying to India via Hong Kong . I am flying on Cathay Pacific to Mumbai on Tuesday night. I have flown on it on three other occasions. In fact if you have an Indian passport you can stay in HK for 14 days without a visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
No you do not need the visa in HK Specifically if you hold an Indian passport. According to the special status accorded to India by HK authorities, you can actually land in HK airport and get a visa stamped for entension of your stay. You should avail yourself of that opportunity since HK is a wondeful place to visit not to mention shop. Same goes for Singapore.