Is traffic violation affect your AOS

rickyjkh

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for my GC since 2005 through asylum case. Since 2003 I got 4 traffic violation. 2 speeding ticket, 1 right turn and one stop light. 2 of them I've been to traffic school so it's not in my record. the other 2 is in my record. Now is already clear. Is this violation ticket delay my AOS? Because now I still don't get any decision from INS regarding to my GC yet? I've been waiting for more than 3 years now. Anybody have any idea? or have similar experience.

No, traffic violations that did not result in arrest or fingerprint taken, would not be the reason of cause for the delay. Traffic violations other than DUI will not have any impact in judgment of your moral character, then it would not delay your application.

This is more like an issue of Material Support of "Real ID Act" and "The Patriot Act" of May 2005

So what most likely the delay for name check? I contact my Senator and also the congressmen there is no progress with this matter? Any idea themen what should I do because it's almost 4 years now.

get a lawyer, contact ur congressman, senator, write to USCIS, contact FBI. at this point u really have to pursue ur case intensively and strongly.

So what most likely the delay for name check? I contact my Senator and also the congressmen there is no progress with this matter? Any idea themen what should I do because it's almost 4 years now.

With new rule about delay in name check, i.e. if it is over 180 days, it could be adjudicated. Your best bet is contact senator and/or congressman.

You should seriously consider suing them. You do not even need a lawyer; you can sue them pro se.

No one asks them to process every case strictly in chrnological order, but quite a few of those cases got delayed and approved right after WOM case was filed. This is purely ridiculous.

I already contact my Congressman and senator. They reply back as my case is in the security check. There nothing they can do. I have to wait.

If you came accross a terrorist organization with a minimal association, minimal assistance, the USA PATRIOT Act of 2005 and the REAL ID Act of 2005 labelled you as a terrorist, the USA PATRIOT Act of 2005 and the REAL ID Act of 2005 made many refugees and asylees already in the U.S to be unable to become legal permanent residents and such applications have been put on hold indefinitely. The statutory bar is fixed your AOS will not be approved. The good thing is you are not alone on this, that some 10,000 applications currently pending due to material support.
Hopefully the Obama administration will fix the material support law.

Best luck,

Hi themen is that true from what you said? So how can refugees and asylees become a LPR? Will they stay as an asylee for ever in the US? where can I read more about what you said?