Is TN visa the solution to my problem

WaitingStamping

Registered Users (C)
Unique case
Guys,

I am little confused with my situation, I m working in US on an H1b visa, my perm got approved a week ago and lawyer is applying my I-140. The H1b visa I am working on is on the Pakistani passport and so as my green card application. Now, I have received my Canadian passport couple of days ago and would like to keep it for traveling outside USA.

I have following questions.

(1) Could I keep both passports?
(2) If I use my Canadian passport for traveling what should I tell at POE (nature of visit) on arriving the US?
(3)Will they deny my entry to the US because I have GC in process?
(4)Should I get a TN visa at POE and keep my h1b on Pakistani passport too?
(5)What will be the best solution for me to keep my GC process on the Pakistani passport and traveling on a Canadian passport?

Thanx.

WaitingStamping said:
Unique case
Guys,

I am little confused with my situation, I m working in US on an H1b visa, my perm got approved a week ago and lawyer is applying my I-140. The H1b visa I am working on is on the Pakistani passport and so as my green card application. Now, I have received my Canadian passport couple of days ago and would like to keep it for traveling outside USA.

I have following questions.

yes
(2) If I use my Canadian passport for traveling what should I tell at POE (nature of visit) on arriving the US?
Show your Canadian passport with valid H1 I-94. Bring both of your passports with you in case
No, you are still on a valid H1
No, you are still on a valid H1
(5)What will be the best solution for me to keep my GC process on the Pakistani passport and traveling on a Canadian passport?
keep your GC process as it is

Thanx.

WaitingStamping said:

So long as Pakistan doesn't have a problem with it.

That you're entering to work in H-1B status, based on your petition.

Not if you seek entry in H-1 status.

Why? Your H-1B is perfectly valid, even if the visa stamp is useless now.

You are applying for a GC, not your passport. The fact that you have obtained a new citizenship will not impact your GC at all.

Thanx goes and TheRealCanadian,

I have one more quesion, The H1 visa I have, is on a Pakistani passport, Could I transfer it to my Canadian passport? I just want to keep one passport, is it possible or I have to go through the same lenghty process of applying a new h1b. I have been here in the USA from the past 6 years on the Pakistani passport.

Thanks.