Is this true ?

sm_v

Registered Users (C)
Effective 19Mar all Indian passport
holders transiting from Paris or Frankfurt must get a transit visa, unless,
they have a US or Canadian green card.

Its true

You have to get transit visa if you are going via Paris. this started from last week.

if this is true It is time to boycott Luftansa and Air France.

I hope green card holders and US citizens of Indian origin do the same

No such info on German embassy website

The only time you will need a transit visa is when you don\'t have a valid visa for any of the EU/Schengen countries, USA or Canada. That\'s the latest information on their website. If the person who posted the original message has a pointer to his/her source, I invite the person to provide the link here.

No Title

Why do we need a transit visa when we do not go out of the airport while changing the planes??

Just talked to my travel agent he says that the rules are not clear

But you might need a transit visa if you do not have a green card. I think we should boycott the two airlines. I wish the stupid Air India could provide decent service so that we do not have to depend on the Europeans

No Title

super1966, Do we need a transit visa even if we do not wish to go out of airport? Why do we need a visa when we are just changing from one plane to the other.

A transit visa is only for being in the airport. To get out you need

a visitor\'s visa. My agent said that it is not clear as he has not booked anyone recently on these two airlines.

This is possible

It is possible, because I have faced same problem in past. But I was not travelling from USA. I wanted to travel from another country to London via Amsterdam in KLM. KLM had a rule that Indian passport holders need transit visa for Netherlands even if I am in transit at Amsterdam airport.

But Lufthansa had no such rule, so I took Lufthansa to London via Frankfurt

Its only for Air France

If you travel by Air Fance you need to get transit visa thats what my travel agent told as I am planning to go to India end of may and got my tickets booked by Air france and found out later about it

KLM has no such rule I regularly travel to India via Amsterdam

I just got back this Feb. Is this a new rule. Hell I will travel via Cairo if needed even after getting the green card

No Title

I travelled few times using Lufthansa and KLM. There was no such problem. This might be a new thing.

Happened a couple of years back.

8 or 9 of European countries required this and they dropped it after a few months. It looks like again it surfacing.

Yes, this is a confirmed news!

Lufthansa now requires transit visa for Indian passport holders. Holders of U.S. green card are exempted. Guys, do you know whether just a GC stamp on passport is sufficient or do they really require the plastic card?

To Avaya

Where did you get your info from? I just checked the Lufthansa-India website and they don\'t have any such thing put on their website. I also checked the German Embassy website and it doesn\'t say anything about Transit visas either.

I just spoke to my travel agent.

My travel agent confirmed this news. I am travelling to India by Lufthansa on April 13th. He informed me to take the transit visa else will not be allowed to board.

how to get a transit visa.

Guys,
   If this is true, my mother is coming to US on May 4th and she is flying Lufthansa and she already purchased the ticket. She is on Visitor visa.. How can she get a transit visa. Any info on this is appreciated.

Telecom Guy.