is this true ?

meaningless worry

I don't know how you got in to this opinion / doubt.
No matter what, it's meaningless and shall NOT have any effect at all

aj_jadeja said:
Guys

is this true that submitting multiple inquiries to USCIS can harm your 140/485 case.

Aj

well

thx . But sadly its coming from my lawyers ( i hate those slackers).

any proof of documentation which would prove what u said ? i tried to serach a lot but couldnt find any.

they do get upset (will not affect your case processing) if there are multiple sources from where these inquiries are coming. Best strategy is to use one source, give a gap of a few months and then use another source to request an update

aj_jadeja said:
Guys

is this true that submitting multiple inquiries to USCIS can harm your 140/485 case.

Aj

They might set a FLAG to your case ... it will not necessarily mean any harm ..

--- But might scrutinize you file a little bit deeper than required.---

Don't waste your time if your case is within the processing window. However, if its beyond the window then there is no reason to not make every one's life (incl. people at USCIS/FBI/DOJ) miserable, including a mandamus writ.

aj_jadeja said:

any proof of documentation which would prove what u said ? i tried to serach a lot but couldnt find any.

ecnirp11 said:
Don't waste your time if your case is within the processing window. However, if its beyond the window then there is no reason to not make every one's life (incl. people at USCIS/FBI/DOJ) miserable, including a mandamus writ.

sadly i m not wasting time. any way thx for ur gr8 reply :)

Hi,

I have reason to believe that sending multiple inquiries harms your case by delaying it.
Consider your case file - assume it is in transit from point A to point B in the system,
possibly even queued up at point B. Now you send an inquiry and some agent has to
(a) locate your file
(b) go through it
(c) respond to your query
(d) logically, put it back where it was in the Q before your inquiry came in.

Now consider that the agent who responds to your inquiry is the same person
who is identified as point B; so, essentially, you took away cycles from B and
thereby delayed the entire chain. Is this a fact? I do not know - I can only assume
similarities in our workplace and USCIS functioning. When my boss calls me to find
out what is happening with XYZ, I naturally drop PQR, which I was doing at the moment and provide the status for XYZ.

Secondly, if you call up USCIS helpline (an oxymoron?), the announcment clearly says that if you sent an inquiry within last 30 days please do ... (I don't recollect what exactly, but the menu option is different).

My lawyer does believe in a 45 days cycle of reminders.

YMMV ..

I went to one of the processing centers once to inquire about a case (back when that was still possible). After a while of looking for the file, they located it in a stack in the 'congressional relations' office. The person responsible to answer congressman inquiries had pulled it but not gotten around to send a reply, in the meantime it was pretty much untraceable.

So yes, inquiries can delay things by the file falling out of the regular processing chain.

I believe they told you that because they don't want to do the inquery for you.

aj_jadeja said:

atl_fp said:
I believe they told you that because they don't want to do the inquery for you.

Well my enquiry is for 140 case which only employer can do it.

for some weird reason neither me nor my HR person can track my i 140 case online.

dl1cd said:
Hi,

I have reason to believe that sending multiple inquiries harms your case by delaying it.
Consider your case file - assume it is in transit from point A to point B in the system,

despite of this computerization still locating file be manual ?

aj

Can somebody explain what is the actual processing window.
I filed my EB3-140 in April05 at Texas.Still no status.I know that 90% of the cases similar to my filing date at that Service Center got approved already.
My attorney says we can generate a query only if your case is outside the Processing window,which is based on the Standard processing time message that "Your case has been filed and it will take 400-450 days etc".
Is this true.In that case we have to wait till Jully06 to generate a query?
Is this correct information given by the attorney or I am eligible to ask the USCIS now that why my case is delayed as the current processing date is close to more than 8 months since my filling date.
If any one on a similar situation or have any know ledge about the same please help.

Thanks.

phoneix123 said:
Can somebody explain what is the actual processing window.
I filed my EB3-140 in April05 at Texas.Still no status.I know that 90% of the cases similar to my filing date at that Service Center got approved already.
My attorney says we can generate a query only if your case is outside the Processing window,which is based on the Standard processing time message that "Your case has been filed and it will take 400-450 days etc".
Is this true.In that case we have to wait till Jully06 to generate a query?
Is this correct information given by the attorney or I am eligible to ask the USCIS now that why my case is delayed as the current processing date is close to more than 8 months since my filling date.
If any one on a similar situation or have any know ledge about the same please help.

Thanks.

my guess NO. As Texas service center is processing all cases for 140 (EB3) which has Receipt date as dec 12 2005. Ask your lawyer to call TSC and find out.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Texas

cheers

aj

Thanks AJ,

I asked my Lawyer and she is saying if she calls TSC they will say the stipulated time 400-450 days of processing have not passed and they won't accept the query.Is there a document or ruling related to this so that I can convince my attorney to call.Since it is 140 and my hands are tied.I already told her about the message of "if 30 days has passed and if you have not got any update please call the Center".She is adamant that the USCIS wont encourage as 450 days have'nt passed.

phoneix123 said:
Thanks AJ,

I asked my Lawyer and she is saying if she calls TSC they will say the stipulated time 400-450 days of processing have not passed and they won't accept the query.Is there a document or ruling related to this so that I can convince my attorney to call.Since it is 140 and my hands are tied.I already told her about the message of "if 30 days has passed and if you have not got any update please call the Center".She is adamant that the USCIS wont encourage as 450 days have'nt passed.

if u carefully read that URL this is what it says.

When Can I Call The National Customer Service Center?

If you filed your case 30 days or more before the date shown under the heading “Processing Cases with Receipt Date of” and you have not received a request for evidence, a decision, or another notice in the last thirty days, please call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

aj_jadeja said:
despite of this computerization still locating file be manual ?

aj
Yes .. how else do you explain case review, delays in processing, delays in adjustment etc.?