Is this possible ???( senior memebrs please help ...)

bhavikvyas1976

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 application case was sent to local INS, so that they can schedule an interview. The AVM was updated accordingly. I checked my AVM yesterday and it seems like it was sent back to Laguna Niguel !
I didn't receive any interview schedule or anything !! But they sent it back to main office.

I asked my lawyer about it, she has never heard of anything like it before. I checked with local INS and they don't seem to have my file with them , which they supposed to , if they are going to conduct my interview.

I am really confused now... have you guys heard anything like this ....ever ??

Any inputs will be highly appreciated :):confused:

Yea .. in a small percentage of cases you are transferred to the interview queue, which might take a while (getting the interview) depending upon where it was sent.

If I were you, I'd ask INS which center was your app sent to for interview. It could be SF/SJ/LA .. depending upon where ur from.

I talked to main INS the first time . They told me that it was sent to local INS. Now they have sent it back ! The lady who was answering said it could be a mistake.

I called SJ INS, they informed me that they had my case, but now it is not there anymore .. And They don't know why it was sent back to main office !!

What is the phone # to call SF INS?

My case was transferred to SF INS in Aug, but have not received interview notice yet, does anyone know what is the phone number at SF INS office where I could call and make inquiries?

Hi, When I wrote called "SJ INS", I meant I went there personally and talked to the officer. I don't think they provide us the phone numbers to local offices. I am not sure though ..