Is this normal?

bolly_king

Hi Folks,
i just wanna know about my case here's my timeline. Is it normally take this long or i'm just stuck in something.

Asylum app: DEC 2003
Apply i485 : feb 2005
transfer TSC: jan 2006
bio code 3: mar 2006
rfi request: apr 2006
rfi sent: : apr 11, 2006
rfi recvd : apr 16, 2006
lud: 04/07/2007

approval ???

Well your timeline is kind of normal... However, I believe that you should it be approved already since several 2005's and some 2006's have been already approved.

One thing I noticed in your process is that your biometrics are expired (more than 15months) and your case cannot be approved without new biometrics.

Send an Email to the TSC about your case and inquiry with them... I dont have the email right now but research in the old threads...
Also get help from your local congressman to put an inquiry with your case...
TSC will send you a new appointment for biometrics and after that your case should be approved.

Good Luck,

Hi Folks,
i just wanna know about my case here's my timeline. Is it normally take this long or i'm just stuck in something.

Asylum app: DEC 2003
Apply i485 : feb 2005
transfer TSC: jan 2006
bio code 3: mar 2006
rfi request: apr 2006
rfi sent: : apr 11, 2006
rfi recvd : apr 16, 2006
lud: 04/07/2007

approval ???

Is this also normal?
One of my friend's time line is
Asylum Approved 2003 Jan
485 Apply 2004 Jan
1st Fp 2006 march
2nd fp 2007 april . He got info pass couple times. He called more than 5 times but his case is still in pending is this normal? Or what he needs to do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowaday, they don't process that way anymore. No motre 15 month Bio experiration.
1. If you stuck on name check, uscis waits until you clear from name check, and then request a new Bio, and possibly process your approval.
2. Or once your name check clears they approve you right away.

Ask around many people including myself whose Bio expired long time have not yet received a new Bio.

I did several info pass different location, the answer was the same. Except some I.O told if USCIS needs something they will notified you.
BEST LUCK/

My father just got approved 3 months ago, and after several emails and congressman inquiries we found out that the biometrics expired in 15 months. Once my father took the new biometrics his case was approved.
Same thing with my brother and my mother.... so I still think they still have the 15 months expiration in Biometrics...

Nowaday, they don't process that way anymore. No motre 15 month Bio experiration.
1. If you stuck on name check, uscis waits until you clear from name check, and then request a new Bio, and possibly process your approval.
2. Or once your name check clears they approve you right away.

Ask around many people including myself whose Bio expired long time have not yet received a new Bio.

I did several info pass different location, the answer was the same. Except some I.O told if USCIS needs something they will notified you.
BEST LUCK/