Is this normal interview letter?

Feb2002Case said:
Approved and stamped after the interview at Newark today.

Thanks everybody for their support and suggestions.

RD 02/15/02
ND 03/12/02
Approval 08/13/04

congratulations!

Hi Feb2002case,

would you tell us more about your Newark interview experience? Also, did you bring ADIT photo for interview? thanks.

gotInterview said:
Hi Feb2002case,

would you tell us more about your Newark interview experience? Also, did you bring ADIT photo for interview? thanks.

My appointment was at 01:30 PM, reached there at 1 PM.
Was called in for interview at 2:45 PM.
First officer had me and my wife sign some sheet and took finger print.
Then she took us in a cabin and asked kids to sit outside.
Officer asked me for employement letter and then started asking us questions very quickly.

Simple questions like my date of birth, date of marriage, where am I working and since when. Who sponsored my green card. I told her that I have been working at company X since 1999 as consultant and my sponsring company Y traded me in 2003. I had a supporting letter for this. She asked my job duties. My highest level of education and if it was in India. She asked me my parents names. Same questions to my wife like her date of birth and kids date of births , her parents names. Also she asked when we tarvelled last and where?

If we are ever arrested or deported etc. Any criminal charges etc.

Finally in about 8-10 minutes she told us that she is approving our case today and stamped our passports.

She checked my 2003 tax return and kept a copy of it. Also she took all our EADs and I-94s.

I don't recall anything else. Please let me know if you need any other information.

The feeling I got is that she was asking question at a very rapid pace thus not giving any chance to think. So mainly she wanted to check if we are the same people and if I have job.

We were out at 3:00 PM

I did not take any pictures with me. Neither did they took any pictures. As per my atorney, they will use pictures submitted with application for plastic cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS!
I think the video tape thing is for random cases picked for training the new Adjudicators.

need some more info.

INS call center told me that my case is transferred to local office but did not get notice yet.

In your case did you get letter from district office or vsc?

RD 02/06/02