Is this name check clearance?

GCDisaster

Registered Users (C)
I checked my I-485 case status with USCIS automated phone system. Status description does not match with that on the website. Anyway, the phone status is as follows:

"Our review of finger prints related to your I-485 to adjust status has been completed. Processing on your application will continue. Your application is at St. Albens, Vermont. etc.."

Does this mean name check/FBI checks are completed? Much appreciate your response.

My details:
EB3 - India
PD Sep 2001
LC, I-140 approved
I-485 pending since Feb 2004.

GCDisaster said:
I checked my I-485 case status with USCIS automated phone system. Status description does not match with that on the website. Anyway, the phone status is as follows:

"Our review of finger prints related to your I-485 to adjust status has been completed. Processing on your application will continue. Your application is at St. Albens, Vermont. etc.."

Does this mean name check/FBI checks are completed? Much appreciate your response.

My details:
EB3 - India
PD Sep 2001
LC, I-140 approved
Several individuals noticed the same, mine too, but VSC told the same story, "case is in security checks". Call VSC to confirm it.
USCIS knows better.

No - unfortunately, it isn't. They've probably just updated the message on the phone. I have the same phone status, but found out via InfoPass last week that name check is still pending.

Best thing is to call VSC and find out

A lot of folks are getting the same message but are stuck in the endless loop of name check.

best thing to do is to call VSC and enquire.

GCDisaster said:

My details:
EB3 - India
PD Sep 2001
LC, I-140 approved

GCDisaster said:

My details:
EB3 - India
PD Sep 2001
LC, I-140 approved

This message is about "finger print" results not "name check". Both are two different processes.Generally, USCIS requests for "name check" immediately(within a month or so) after filing the 485.I dont see any message change for name check clearance either on website or voice response system. As some one said, you can find it out only by either calling VSC or taking an Infopass.

I am in the same situation.

My PD is Mar 2001, EB3 India.

And I applied I-485 on October 2003.

My NC is pending from 10/24/2003.

I-140 RD is Aug 2003 and it is Approved on May 2004.

And I gave my first FP on July 2004.

And from then onwards voice message for my receipt said no records found.

And on 10/08/2006 I got second FP notice. And gave second FP notice on
10/21/2006. LUD changed on 10/23/2006. And message, LUD changed on
10/24/2006 saying that FP review is done on 07/24/2006 which is my first
FP RD and processing has resumed on the case, not sure what is going on
with their system. But any how when I checked voice message it says the
same message as other are getting that FP review is done and transferred
to St. Albans. But the only difference is I gave FP recently.
I was hoping that my FBI Name Check is completed finally and it is with
an officer. But seeing the above replies I am totally disappointed.

Kirdar