Is this GC interview??

st_001

I got a letter from USCIS with the following message:

Please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter.
Date and Time: June 2004..
Officer:
Reason for appointment: Application for Adjustment of Status

Please bring the following items:
Petitioner and all beneficiarys must be present.
Bring ... documents.

Is this a GC interview letter??
My GC is sponsored by my company. In this case, who is the petitioner? Who is the beneficiary? If my company is the petitioner, then should I take someone from my company or take my immigration lawyers?

This letter has been sent only to me; but I had included my wife to my I-485 and so far, every communication I received from INS have been duplicates (i.e. both my wife and myself would get the letter with our A numbers in it). But this letter has been sent only to me.

Along with the above letter, I got a notice requesting Fingerprinting; There was no letter for FP for my wife!

I am worried if they missed out my wife's application. Can anyone share the format of their interview letters?? Did you get separate letters for yourself and your spouse (provided you are the primary applicant) ?

Thanks!
-st

WAC: 02055xxxxx, Dec 2001

It is an interview letter

st_001 said:

Yes, it is an interview letter. The letter should have requested the presence of your spouse. You could ask about her status on the spot. If it is an employment based, the petitioner should be your company's reps. You and your family members are the beneficiaries. You can bring your attorney too.
Good luck.

Ximpossible

Please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter.
Officer:

Bring ... documents.

My GC is sponsored by my company. In this case, who is the petitioner? Who is the beneficiary? If my company is the petitioner, then should I take someone from my company or take my immigration lawyers?

This letter has been sent only to me; but I had included my wife to my I-485 and so far, every communication I received from INS have been duplicates (i.e. both my wife and myself would get the letter with our A numbers in it). But this letter has been sent only to me.

Along with the above letter, I got a notice requesting Fingerprinting; There was no letter for FP for my wife!

I am worried if they missed out my wife's application. Can anyone share the format of their interview letters?? Did you get separate letters for yourself and your spouse (provided you are the primary applicant) ?

Thanks!
-st

i think petitioner in case of a I485 is not the Sponsoring Company but the Principal Applicant. beneficiaries are the derivative applicants like Spouse and Kids..

i may be wrong, though....

undone said:
i think petitioner in case of a I485 is not the Sponsoring Company but the Principal Applicant. beneficiaries are the derivative applicants like Spouse and Kids..

i may be wrong, though....

True. For LC, I-140 application petitioner is the employer. But for I-485 employer is not involved anymore - applicant is the petitoner.

Thanks for those answered...
The online status message is useless in my case. It still says my case is transfered to Miami, Florida (but i've never been to florida!)

What are the documents they are requesting for?

st_001 said:
Thanks for those answered...
The online status message is useless in my case. It still says my case is transfered to Miami, Florida (but i've never been to florida!)

Passports, Official ID, Medical reports,
Any documents submitted with application
Employment letter
Tax papers, W2 for last 3 years
Marriage certificate, insurance policies, rental agreements, etc to prove marriage is bona-fide.

i too got a interview call letter to come with all that stuff...

i have sent a copy of the same to my attorney and will wait till she responds on my qs..

i will update you after after I hear from her..

in the meantime, i just wanted to check about the ADIT pictures..normally after the interview they stamp the passport, right. So when do you handover the pictures for the plastic card?

Please lemme know...

thanks

What does the tax paper mean?

Is it the companies tax paper or yours?

st_001 said:
Passports, Official ID, Medical reports,
Any documents submitted with application
Employment letter
Tax papers, W2 for last 3 years
Marriage certificate, insurance policies, rental agreements, etc to prove marriage is bona-fide.

undone said:
i too got a interview call letter to come with all that stuff...

i have sent a copy of the same to my attorney and will wait till she responds on my qs..

i will update you after after I hear from her..

in the meantime, i just wanted to check about the ADIT pictures..normally after the interview they stamp the passport, right. So when do you handover the pictures for the plastic card?

Please lemme know...

thanks

Hello Undone
When was your case transferred to the LA district office? I am trying to find out how long is it taking now a days to get the interview call after a case has been transferred to the district office and once you receive the interview letter generally how much time they give before they schedule the interview?

Also do you have any idea why did they transfer your case?

Any information is highly appreciated.

Vineet

GC Interview

st_001 said:
:)
Can you let me know the list of the documents you were asked for? :)

Officer:

Bring ... documents.

Thanks!
-st