Is this Fair???

First of all, too bad some people forget they are only guests and guests do not get to make the rules of the house. If your host likes Steve better than he likes you, it's not your place to cry "unfair".

Second, everybody here has gone through the pains of going through this stupid process and because of that we really should treat each other better. I'm tired, tired, tired of 2002 filers yelling unfair to the 2004 filers, concurrent filers yelling unfair to the non-concurrent filers, March filers yelling unfair to April fairs, IT guys yelling unfair to nurses, H1Bs yelling unfair to Lottery winners, legal immigrants yelling unfair to illegal immigrants, citizens yelling unfair to immigrants.... the list goes on and on.

In God's eyes, aren't we all humans? With some exceptions didn't we all come for the same dream and hope? So what if someone is not as fortunate as you to have a good education, so waht if someone is not lucky enough to speak smooth English, so what if someone got here by riding a boat across 90 miles of ocean or crossing the Arizona desert or in some shabby boat across the Pacific ocean from the other end of the world? Does that really make them so less worthwhile than the more fortunate of us?

Let me tell you something folks, we all lost something on the journey. Some of us lost their lives on the ocean. Some of us died crossing the desert. Some lost their sense of dignity being chased and arrested by border enforcement. Some lost their pride being questions at the embassy.

I guess what I am trying to say is, on this land foreign to all of us, we have one common identity: immigrants. We are one big family of immigrants. Let's wish our brothers and sisters good luck. Let's hope people don't have to suffer this much pain to obtain the right to a better life.

frust2004 said:
"No Offense to Foreign Nurses. This is just my feeling and I think This is not fair"

While millions of IT and other Professionals wait for years to get the so called "Green Card" and while going through the worst nightmare a person could ever have with all these RFEs and denials, A ordinary "Nurse" from India who have not even heard of the word "Green Card" before gets it just by writing a stupid exam. Believe you me, this person could not even speak proper English. The nurses gets the immigrant visa immediately once they pass the CGFNS or some crap exam like that. This is an objective type exam and these people( who cannot speak one word of English properly) easily pass the exam by memorizing it(I suppose).

Anyway, While we with all our education, trainings and experience wait endlessly for getting a Green Card, A person with less qualification and professionalism gets it instantaneously before even entering the United States.

The BEST part of all is, these people don't even know the importance of a " Green Card" because they have just taken it for Granted.

Yes, I strongly agree that they need to come here and I am happy for them all, But they should be given the same work visa like H1B or of that Category.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

frust2004 said:
"No Offense to Foreign Nurses. This is just my feeling and I think This is not fair"

While millions of IT and other Professionals wait for years to get the so called "Green Card" and while going through the worst nightmare a person could ever have with all these RFEs and denials, A ordinary "Nurse" from India who have not even heard of the word "Green Card" before gets it just by writing a stupid exam. Believe you me, this person could not even speak proper English. The nurses gets the immigrant visa immediately once they pass the CGFNS or some crap exam like that. This is an objective type exam and these people( who cannot speak one word of English properly) easily pass the exam by memorizing it(I suppose).

Anyway, While we with all our education, trainings and experience wait endlessly for getting a Green Card, A person with less qualification and professionalism gets it instantaneously before even entering the United States.

The BEST part of all is, these people don't even know the importance of a " Green Card" because they have just taken it for Granted.

Yes, I strongly agree that they need to come here and I am happy for them all, But they should be given the same work visa like H1B or of that Category.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Are you suggesting that GC processing for foreign nurses is the cause of the 140/485 delay for IT professionals,like you and me?.If so,I will be concerned.But I don't think that's the cause,right?.

Also,I don't beleive this site is used only by IT pros.My assumption is that any one who is dealing with immigration visits these forums daily,or perhaps multiple times a day as I do.

frust2004,I am too equally frustrated as you are,with my I140/485 pending for more than a year.But it do not justify me hurting the feelings of nurses or any other professional category,just because they get GC much faster than us.One makes his/her US trip with lot of dreams,irrespective of what proffesion he/she into. I know many IT pros and nurses ,here in US ,making money to support their family back in India.My friend ,they need respect.Let's atleast not disrespect them loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
jambalakadi said:
I am not good either in english. But you got the point.I really hurt your feeling didn't I?
I know you are frustrated. But you are jealous,narrow minded thats for sure. Remember assole you dont need to speak good english to become a LPR in USA. Think about lottery visas, family based GC's. I dont think they speak english properly.

now coming to all the nursing quality here, no one is perfect.May be you should look into your background once. thats why they keep you waiting for long time. May you are not that qualified for getting GC who knows. But I wish you good luck.

Good at mind games! :rolleyes:

frust2004 said:
Jambalakadi,
Everyone should get the GC. As I said earlier, it is not because I am mean or Jealous, It is because of the all the hardships millions of people are going through to get the GC. But all I was telling was it should be same way they should be treating all.Nothing should be for granted.
??

People like you are a disgrace to the Indian Community.Learn some English and come here Man,

Then why don't they give this GC to the Doctors, you moron????

This country accepts you an IT guy with open arms , then why do you resent a nurse.
as far as hardships go........if yyou dont like it go back to India. I am sure you will be welcomed there.

My wife is masters in Economics and masters in Business. PHD in Internet marketing... She couldnt get the GC in this country. But me , I almost approved for it.and I am just a bachelors.
Those nurses study hard to be Registered nurses.......they are not those nurses you see in Indian hospitals.
Plus that exam is tough......plus they need those nurses.......cuz there is a shortage of nurses In the US.
Yes they did give Gcs to doctors and even now doctors get J1 visas to work in US rural areas.
As far as english goes .....I live in california and people dont speak english here. 50% speak spanish and rest armenian/persian/why even telegu now.
Do you know you can take the written exam at DMV in Punjabi.
That is the greatness of this country.
I do understand your frustration but it is yours and you have to deal with it.
People like me have waited years for thier GC and whn they finally do get it , it gets stuck due to a "name check"
so inspite of being there I am still not their.
Isnt that more frustrating???

ok!

Enough guys..

Frust may have realised what he has written.

Frust, Be happy for people who are going through less struggle and you will be blessed one day with what you wanted but with little more struggle. Believe me. you will be more happier after taking all this pressure.

First to Jambalakadi,
Good that now you have atleast learnt the correct word "asshole" after you have joined this thread.Now to practice that better " Look in the mirror and Keep Calling ASSHOLE"
With your language if you can apply for GC, anyone in this world can.
Yes to serve better, you need to know english in this country. That is the basic thing you need to know if you are in this country. Did you come to this country crossing the border??

Now in all seriousness,
Everyone is missing the point here. I have my cousin as a Nurse in this country.
No one is saying that any particular profession should get the GC first. All I was saying was that everyone should go through the same phase like we all do.
I am also frustrated because I have had first hand bad experience with such people here with their bad service and knowledge about many things.

A immigrant Nurse once asked me " What you are still waiting for your Green Card. I got this just like that" and I saw that Sarcasm in her. They don't know the value of a GC.
Anyway, we are all happy for them.

Again, It was just a question to ourselves "Is it Fair?" . That's all. do not take it personal.
No one is setting the rules here or questioning it to any concerned authority about this.
A guest is asking an other guest "IS IT FAIR???????"

Thanks for all your valuable insight about this.

Closing.

gcbandwagon said:
loneltpoet,
I am shocked after reading your reply.You criticise the same system that you are taking advantage off.You came on H1B presumably as a IT worker at the cost of Americans too,why didn't you think about American job loss at that time???India with its population is killing every labor market ,but thats the way it is with no short term solution in sight!!!
I did not took advantage of any system, when I came in early 1998 the need here was 200,000 IT workers that year because of the year2000 conversion projects going on. I did not displace any American to get that job. The scenario changed by early 2001 when H1B quota was increased earlier by Clinton to nearly 200,000 a year. It is not my fault that the government increased the number of people coming to this country when H1B quota should've been decreased to 5000 from 65000. That brought in all Tom, Dick and Harry from India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh etc... to this country screwing up the IT market. Now offshoring is killing even those Tom, Dick and Harrys.
Right now if they avoid the huge cost cutting in the hospital systems these chain hospitals can still hire a lot of Americans and employ them instead of the Indian, Philippino and Chinese nurses. I have no problem with a nurse treating me saying Blah, blah, blah, but the way they come in with a Green Card is ridiculous and UFAIR to all of us.

Some of the nurses may not know english. However, there should be a system in which these nurses should be able to pick up the language. A lot of nurses from third world countries are excellent in handling crisis situations due to the hands-on experience in resolving situations without modern equipment. The doctors here and in UK value such experience. The docs who go to UK or US for post graduate medical training would have handled very few of the modern equipments. I have doc friends who are valued in UK and US for their in-depth field experience, and who in turn, get knowledge of the latest medical equipment. It is a give and take approach.
In the same vein that you use to criticize the lack of english knowledge of these nurses, I can criticize about the lack of customer interfacing abilities of the foks in India who have taken over the outsourced jobs. But we all know that they r excellent in their skills, i.e programming , etc.
If one were to argue that IT programmers have to get GC first, i would say they could not be farther from truth. If the companies want they can send the jobs of the folks who argue about their right to GC to India with the snap of a finger. Everybody brings something to the table and takes soemthing in return that enhances their own ability. People who r arguing against nurses and their GC priority are no different ibn principle from those who are leading the anti-immigration movement all over the world
I am an Indian but no Indian programmer is better than an American programmer or British programmer. The difference is in the pay that's all. When I work for $35/hour the Americans will only work for $10 more that is the difference. So don't bring the talent crap here. Why don't you open your eyes and ears and look at all the failed offshored projects in India. Like Dell, Citibank, Fidelity are just examples of incompetence of the Indian programmer in India. Only when they come in USA or Britain and learn the Business where the technology is implemented they get better and as they are cheap they are always attractive. It is a fact that the IT programmers who came to USA in the late 90s did make a difference to this country and most of them who came here took the pain of learning and gaining the knowledge of a huge technology transfer for legacy systems to Web oriented systems. All those programmers deserve to get an advantage for that. Right now I am not against any nurse coming here but when you say they are going to get a Green Card even before they enter the country by just passing an exam I felt it as UNFAIR. That’s all and I don’t care a shit about any Indian or Philippino nurse or the jobs offshored.

Last edited by a moderator: