Is this Fair???

frust2004

Registered Users (C)
"No Offense to Foreign Nurses. This is just my feeling and I think This is not fair"

While millions of IT and other Professionals wait for years to get the so called "Green Card" and while going through the worst nightmare a person could ever have with all these RFEs and denials, A ordinary "Nurse" from India who have not even heard of the word "Green Card" before gets it just by writing a stupid exam. Believe you me, this person could not even speak proper English. The nurses gets the immigrant visa immediately once they pass the CGFNS or some crap exam like that. This is an objective type exam and these people( who cannot speak one word of English properly) easily pass the exam by memorizing it(I suppose).

Anyway, While we with all our education, trainings and experience wait endlessly for getting a Green Card, A person with less qualification and professionalism gets it instantaneously before even entering the United States.

The BEST part of all is, these people don't even know the importance of a " Green Card" because they have just taken it for Granted.

Yes, I strongly agree that they need to come here and I am happy for them all, But they should be given the same work visa like H1B or of that Category.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I think, you misunderstood the concept of immigration. Immigration is not always based on qualification, I feel it's based on demand.

frust2004 said:
"No Offense to Foreign Nurses. This is just my feeling and I think This is not fair"

While millions of IT and other Professionals wait for years to get the so called "Green Card" and while going through the worst nightmare a person could ever have with all these RFEs and denials, A ordinary "Nurse" from India who have not even heard of the word "Green Card" before gets it just by writing a stupid exam. Believe you me, this person could not even speak proper English. The nurses gets the immigrant visa immediately once they pass the CGFNS or some crap exam like that. This is an objective type exam and these people( who cannot speak one word of English properly) easily pass the exam by memorizing it(I suppose).

Anyway, While we with all our education, trainings and experience wait endlessly for getting a Green Card, A person with less qualification and professionalism gets it instantaneously before even entering the United States.

The BEST part of all is, these people don't even know the importance of a " Green Card" because they have just taken it for Granted.

Yes, I strongly agree that they need to come here and I am happy for them all, But they should be given the same work visa like H1B or of that Category.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

What about Lottary Green Card....50,000 per year. They even need not write that crap exam. Minimum education is 10th or 12th....

I completely agree with ic2003.... There is shortage of nurses here. You with all ur great degrees cannot take care of patients in hospital... If you think u can then apply for it.... Its clear case of supply and demand and what this country needs....

lc2003 said:
I think, you misunderstood the concept of immigration. Immigration is not always based on qualification, I feel it's based on demand.

frust2004,
IT folks are not some demi-gods who can tread wherever they want. I am also invlved with IT industry, but I disagree with u and with people like you, in India and here, who think that IT is the answer to all issues in the world and who can plant their seeds wherever they want.
Just care a dying and diseased person for a day and then talk about nurses.
Peace.

registrationid said:
frust2004,
IT folks are not some demi-gods who can tread wherever they want. I am also invlved with IT industry, but I disagree with u and with people like you, in India and here, who think that IT is the answer to all issues in the world and who can plant their seeds wherever they want.
Just care a dying and diseased person for a day and then talk about nurses.
Peace.

I never knew they needed a Green Card to look after dying patients.

Also, In which world are you living now? Have you ever been to one of those hospitals with Nurses like this?? Come on man, Gimme a break....and get real.
I have seen good American caring Nurses.
The funny thing is that these immigrant Nurses thinks they are the Doctors.

So you're claiming US should not give permanent residency to all Nurses or give high priority to Masters/Phd first then take care other category or treat equally during GC process.

In my view, all of the above are wrong claims. Medical Insurance cost surged 17% in the past 4 years and it's one of the biggest issue in this country. Some big companies stopped hiring new people due to the raising cost of insurance. Government decided to stop the raising cost or lower the medical insurance and at the same time more nurses are in demand to take care aging people.So currently US is attracting more Nurses than ever ,which is good for the US economy. I never mind even if the immigration officer gives GC stamp for all Nurses passports during Port of entry.

BTW, I am a Software Engineer with 7th year extension and still waiting for I140/485 approvals.

Green Card

Green Card is not a RIGHT it is a PRIVILEGE

So some may get extra easy way - Marry US citizen / Win diversity Lottery.

Some guys with all the hard work may not get GC even - NOT PRIVILEGED.

Complaining makes no sense I guess.

lc2003 said:
So you're claiming US should not give permanent residency to all Nurses or give high priority to Masters/Phd first then take care other category or treat equally during GC process.

In my view, all of the above are wrong claims. Medical Insurance cost surged 17% in the past 4 years and it's one of the biggest issue in this country. Some big companies stopped hiring new people due to the raising cost of insurance. Government decided to stop the raising cost or lower the medical insurance and at the same time more nurses are in demand to take care aging people.So currently US is attracting more Nurses than ever ,which is good for the US economy. I never mind even if the immigration officer gives GC stamp for all Nurses passports during Port of entry.

BTW, I am a Software Engineer with 7th year extension and still waiting for I140/485 approvals.

If you think all these Nurses who comes here are to take care of aging people, My friend you are in some dream world.
I find the Hospital/Clinical Services are in pretty bad shape because of these Nurses. Please read 2 weeks back NY times.

And whoever told you the insurance cost is going down.It is going to cost 15% more.

I hope you are talking about the United States.

frust2004

hey frust2004,

1. You are a jealous and mean person. There are lots of american programmers in USA. They let you in this country eventhough ur an azzole by giving H1-b. Now u became more greedy and wants GC and stay here wishing others should not get GC. You are a total looser. get a life.

2. now coming to nurses, if you get some AIDS or some uncurable disease in ur azz or some std, swiping GC in ur azz wont help. you need a nurse to take care of you when you are frying in the death bed. AND USA has a huge scarcity of nurses to treat more psychotic, impatient, jealous, loosers like you

As frust2004 mentioned , if it is that easy to get a green card
for a nurse,

I was wondering if we could write that exam and get a green card.
Once you get your green card continue with the IT profession.

that would solve all our problems.

Do you think it is that easy?

jambalakadi said:
hey frust2004,

1. You are a jealous and mean person. There are lots of american programmers in USA. They let you in this country eventhough ur an azzole by giving H1-b. Now u became more greedy and wants GC and stay here wishing others should not get GC. You are a total looser. get a life.

2. now coming to nurses, if you get some AIDS or some uncurable disease in ur azz or some std, swiping GC in ur azz wont help. you need a nurse to take care of you when you are frying in the death bed. AND USA has a huge scarcity of nurses to treat more psychotic, impatient, jealous, loosers like you

Jambalakadi,
Everyone should get the GC. As I said earlier, it is not because I am mean or Jealous, It is because of the all the hardships millions of people are going through to get the GC. But all I was telling was it should be same way they should be treating all.Nothing should be for granted.
Again, it is just my opinion and my feelings.I speak for those people who are waiting for years and years to Get a GC.

Now on the Other note, which Indian Nurse looked through your Aids proned Ass( and not "azz" you Asshole SOB- BTW Your english sound like a Nurse) ???

People like you are a disgrace to the Indian Community.Learn some English and come here Man,

Then why don't they give this GC to the Doctors, you moron????

The Curse Of Over Immigration

You know why they want to bring illiterate nurses from India and Philippines, to save money. That means denying an American nurse who got educated and trained spending thousands of dollars a job. In the 70s and 80s it was doctors then IT companies followed up now hospitals are going after nurses. I am not going to say nurses are useful or not and what they can do or not. What I am saying is these nurses who come in here are totally useless as they no nothing about the high-tech equipments and many medicines available here. It will take at least 2 years of training to get them to some degree of competency to work in USA.
I agree we all came in here for working and in the last 7-8 years we have become part of the country. Now when we are facing RFEs, I-140 denials and many of these guys have spent the GC expense from their own pocket including me. I got my I-140 denied for stupid reasons. Here a group of people who know nothing about Western medicines, don’t speak English properly and are not even good for whoring around getting Green Cards even before entering USA is “UNFAIR”. There is demand I agree but that demand came because these hospitals are not ready to hire American nurses. I know many nurses in California who don’t have a job. I know their situation first hand because my cousin is a doctor there. Couple of nurses got fired and in their place Philippino nurses came they don’t speak English don’t know no shit about what they are supposed to do. No one is jealous of them I welcome them, but we cannot steal someone elses jobs and make a living. It won’t last long and it will be a matter of time when Americans will start throwing stones at us and our children because of these kind of over immigration.

Ouch! Thats pretty harsh and judgemental. I am no nurse but this displaced anger and frustration is useless. This country takes people it needs and outsourcing opened doors to cost-cutting focussed managers in America. It is just business. Getting frustrated and angry about nurses getting in where we suffer sounds pointless to me. Believe me, I have felt my share of pain. You are right about one thing though. The american middle class is going to violently protest one day.

loneltpoet,
I am shocked after reading your reply.You criticise the same system that you are taking advantage off.You came on H1B presumably as a IT worker at the cost of Americans too,why didn't you think about American job loss at that time???India with its population is killing every labor market ,but thats the way it is with no short term solution in sight!!!

lonelypoet,
Some of the nurses may not know english. However, there should be a system in which these nurses should be able to pick up the language. A lot of nurses from third world countries are excellent in handling crisis situations due to the hands-on experience in resolving situations without modern equipment. The doctors here and in UK value such experience. The docs who go to UK or US for post graduate medical training would have handled very few of the modern equipments. I have doc friends who are valued in UK and US for their in-depth field experience, and who in turn, get knowledge of the latest medical equipment. It is a give and take approach.
In the same vein that you use to criticize the lack of english knowledge of these nurses, I can criticize about the lack of customer interfacing abilities of the foks in India who have taken over the outsourced jobs. But we all know that they r excellent in their skills, i.e programming , etc.
If one were to argue that IT programmers have to get GC first, i would say they could not be farther from truth. If the companies want they can send the jobs of the folks who argue about their right to GC to India with the snap of a finger. Everybody brings something to the table and takes soemthing in return that enhances their own ability. People who r arguing against nurses and their GC priority are no different ibn principle from those who are leading the anti-immigration movement all over the world

frust2004

I am not good either in english. But you got the point.I really hurt your feeling didn't I?
I know you are frustrated. But you are jealous,narrow minded thats for sure. Remember assole you dont need to speak good english to become a LPR in USA. Think about lottery visas, family based GC's. I dont think they speak english properly.

now coming to all the nursing quality here, no one is perfect.May be you should look into your background once. thats why they keep you waiting for long time. May you are not that qualified for getting GC who knows. But I wish you good luck.