Is this cover letter ok or too much

savithari

Registered Users (C)
To:
The Adjudicating Officer
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Re: N-400 application for naturalization on the basis of 5 years of continuous residence as Lawful Permanent Resident (A#: A 000-00-000)

Dear Madam/Sir,

I introduce myself as XXXX XXXX. I wish to apply for the citizenship of this Great Country, The United States of America. My A# is 000-000-000. I seek your help and attention in this matter.

I qualify on the basis of having been a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA for the past 5 years. I have met the continuous residence requirement, the physical presence requirement and the time in district requirement.

I have gone through the eligibility worksheet published in the Guide to Citizenship and based on that worksheet that I am eligible to apply. This is the original submission.

I have enclosed the following documents:

a. Personal check in the amount of $400 towards the application & biometrics fee.

b. The completed N-400 application.

c. Copy of the letter from The Selective Services Administration (SSA) exempting me from registering with SSA.

d. Two identical color photographs.

e. Copy of both sides of my Permanent Resident card.

Should you have any questions, please contact me at 123.456.7890

Thank you for your time and help.

Warm Regards,

XXXX XXXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXXXX

No Need for cover letter

There is absolutely no need for a cover letter. Just send in the N400 application and they will know what to do with it.

No need to send cover letter. I don't think anybody will contact you directly at a phone number, anyway, I think the N-400 form already has fields for phone number and e-mail address, but most likely all you'll hear from them is through regular mail.
It is likely that the cover letter will go directly to the paper basket :(

Copy of the letter from The Selective Services Administration (SSA) exempting me from registering with SSA.

Where do you get this from? Is this required? for someone who got their green card after they were 26 years of age?

Friends,

I applied for the letter from SSA giving them details of when I came to the USA what VISA I was in. They sent me a letter saying I was not required to register. I did it for my mental peace. It was very easy. Took about a week but I can send that so one less question for me.

-S

When I applied I did send in cover letter.Got quick response back as well.It does not hurt in sending one in.So that officer know excatly what you are doing if the case is complicated