Is this approval ?

bsain

Registered Users (C)
I've received 2 emails this morning and below is the content.

Is this approval or something else ? What is the document they are talking about based on the approval or registration of my case ? What is the next steps on this ?

Email:"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 19, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Thx
bsain
------------------------------------------
Priority Date : Dec 11 2001 (CSC,EB3).
I140 : RD 03-12-2004. Approved on 01/14/2005.
I485 : RD 03-12-2004. LUD: 10/20/2005 (email as above).
I'm born outside India.

Have you received Biometric notice recently? Or have you filed a change of address recently?

I received the same email on Oct 11. Haven't received anything so far. It doesn't seem like they ever sent out anything on Oct 11, at least in my case.

bsain said:
I've received 2 emails this morning and below is the content.

Is this approval or something else ? What is the document they are talking about based on the approval or registration of my case ? What is the next steps on this ?

Email:"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On October 19, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Thx
bsain
I'm born outside India.

Nope, I did not received any Biometrics yet. I did change of address on 08/24/2005 but nothing recently.

what's your details ?

Message from CSC

I also received email with the same message. Also on the USCIS online status has the same message. I did have my second finger printing done on 10/15.

Does this mean approval of 485?

Thanks
SSM

My 485 application has the same message since Oct 7. I had moved to a new place in June. It appears that they mailed my biometrics notice to my old address on Sept 22 which obviously was returned back to them and then they remailed the notice to my new address on October 7. My wife did not have the same update on her case. So I am sure it is due to the address change.

Here is the twist ... I called 800 number and the rep said your GREENCARD has been mailed. He said the only "document" generated via 485 is the greencard. The customer rep did not have more information (he was reading the online status) and he could not tell me which address it was mailed to either. I believe he may not have had the complete picture. I am not excited ... it must be a mistake they updated the application with wrong message.

p.s. I still have not done my biometrics yet.

It's there in my signature below.

ssmanian98 said:
Do you know your priority dates? Is it before the 1998 date currently set?

Thx
bsain
I'm born outside India.

My details:

PD: 10/23/2001
485 RD: 9/30/2004, ND 10/05/2004
1st FP: 11/12/2004
Biometrics ND 9/22/2005 RD 9/27/2005
Biometrics done 10/12/2005

Email received on 10/11/2005, saying "On October 11, the document we made based on...." (online message changed too)

LUD 10/18/2005 message changed to "On October 18, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Conclusion: email on 10/11/2005 is NOTHING.

Ready for a long wait..

bsain said:
Nope, I did not received any Biometrics yet. I did change of address on 08/24/2005 but nothing recently.

what's your details ?

The email message is usually because they mailed some notice (bio, pf or approval) to your old address, get returend and mail to your new address again. Even though you had informed them the changing of your address time ago, they still first send out to your old address. If you did not recieve any email before like: "On xx/xx/xxxx, you case xxx has been approved...", do not give too much hope on approval notice for this kind of email.

I'm born outside India. Per my attorney, I can qualify for world wide quota.

Well my I-485 approval would be the best thing I can expect, but looks like it could be anything as you guys mentioned in posting. Also, I did not had any finger printing after May'04 (first time after I-485 submission), so could be the same. I'll wait and watch on this. Will keep you all posted once get postal mail next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a similar email a few days after I did my biometrics.
it wasnt for my I-485.

Since you are from a non-retrogressed country, I cant say. Hope it is the I-485 approval.

gcwagon,

You can take advantage of the worldwide category based on spouse chargeability.

Basically this is the definition -
Cross Chargeability -- When an applicant for an immigrant visa is subject to a quota backlog because of his or her country of chargeability, the applicant may be charged to the country of his or her spouse, if it is more favorable.

Country of Chargeability: The country to which a preference immigrant is charged for quota purposes. Chargeability is usually determined by country of birth.

Please see link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html

Charge/Chargeable: There are numerical limits on the number of immigrant visas that can be granted to aliens form any one foreign country. This limit is the same for all countries. The limit is based on place of birth, not citizenship. Where the immigrant is "charged", means that person is counted towards a given country's numerical limit. For example, an immigrant born in Ethiopia is "charged" to Ethiopia, and therefore counted towards reaching the numerical limit for that country. The person would be "charged" to Ethiopia, even if the immigrant born in Ethiopia was born of Yemeni parents and has a passport from Yemen.

Although immigrants are normally "charged" to their country of birth, and immigrant is sometimes able to claim another for the sake of immigration. You would do this if it helps the immigrant in reaching the "cut-off date" date faster. For example, suppose you were born in India, but your spouse was born in Sudan. The "cut-off date" for a person born in India is earlier in family fourth preference immigration category than the "cut-off date" for a person born in Sudan. We can "charge" you to Sudan, rather than India, and you can use the more favorable cut-off date for Sudan. Therefore, you would be able to immigrate years earlier with a chargeability to Sudan than a chargeability to India.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps..

gcwagon said:
My wife was born in a World wide category country.

I also got the same email on 18th Oct. LUDs for 485, 140(apporved) , AP(apporved) and EAD( approved) also got updated to 18th Oct.
Then got a re-mailed FP notice on 21st Oct with a letter of change of address on 18th Oct. I dont know why they mailed me this letter now as i changed my address a long time back.
Dont know what it means.

Just got the mail today. USCIS sent me Biometric-Code 3 notice first to my old address (changed to new long back) and later forwarded to my current address. It seems like you guys were right about guessing it and it is exactly Biometric- Code3 related document made based on the application.

Could not stop myself updating you all immediately. Good luck to all. I guess wait continue :)

Thx
bsain

Now I knew more

My wife also received same LUD/Email about "On October 11, the document we made based on...." which was FP3 notice. It sent to our old address(changed half year ago), returned by USPS and remailed.

Today just visit inforpass and officer said same"your 485 was approved" but we never receive any approval mail(Paper).

They just stamped our passports without I485 original notice. They searched the database and got nothing. After talked with his supervisor, officer just went ahead stamped our passport valid for 1 year.

Don't know when we could real Greencard or they just lost our information and we need stamp passport every year.

:mad:

Thanks NIW485waiter for the update.

Do we need infopass appointment even after document (Biometric code 3 appointment) mailed to new address ? I guess document made in my case clearly mention about appointment for biometric code 3. I was just wondering after seeing your message that you had same thing at your end and still went ahead with Infopass. Please guide .... Do I need to have infopass (I guess infopass is just for stamping purposes) along with Biometric code 3 appointment ?

thx
bsain

NIW485waiter said:
My wife also received same LUD/Email about "On October 11, the document we made based on...." which was FP3 notice. It sent to our old address(changed half year ago), returned by USPS and remailed.

Today just visit inforpass and officer said same"your 485 was approved" but we never receive any approval mail(Paper).

They just stamped our passports without I485 original notice. They searched the database and got nothing. After talked with his supervisor, officer just went ahead stamped our passport valid for 1 year.

Don't know when we could real Greencard or they just lost our information and we need stamp passport every year.

:mad: