Is this an impending 'Denial'

Legally_Alien

Registered Users (C)
Today, My I-140 case status was updated as .....is this an, approval or an impending denial.....Never saw anybody posting 'status' like this one.....any thoughts...

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On <Date...>, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appellate body for review. The notice explains in detail the basis for this proposed action. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Background of my Case :-

The LUD changed same day, Regular Labor, Midsize company with comfortable profits and 80+ employee, Salary more than that in Labor, Education equivalent to MS (Comp Sc) and currently on 7th year H1B.
ND 04/14/04, Concurrent, EB3, EAD/AP approved already, No RFE, No change in LUD for I-485.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually this is the status after an 140 is approved after MTR. Check with your attorney if applied for MTR. Also call NCSC and check what this status means.

hth
dyno

dynobuoy said:
Usually this is the status after an 140 is approved after MTR. Check with your attorney if applied for MTR. Also call NCSC and check what this status means.

hth
dyno

There hasn't been any Denial/MTR or RFE for that matter, in this or any related cases.

Sine_Curve said:
What is MTR????
MTR => Motion To Reconsider. When an 140 is denied the case can be appealed to be considered for approval if the attorney feels that 140 denied by mistake.

hth
dyno

dynobuoy said:
Beats me! What did the NCSC folks tell abt this?

-dyno

Thanks for your responses. I haven't called them yet. I will be speaking to our attorney/employer, let's see what they have to say.

My comments

Legally_Alien said:
While I am waiting for my attorney's response........I would appreciate Guru's comments on this....

Even if you call INS, they will not tell you the status of I-140 as it is related to employer. Ask one of your marketing rep/any responsible person from your company to call INS and they will get a proper response.

Good luck

Kandy

After all this anxious wait for last two weeks.......I-140 finally Approved!!!

Today, I got a call from my employer that they received approval notice for my I-140.

For people who had similar status with 'Appellate' clause......hang in there.

Thanks,
Legally_Alien

Hi

Sine_Curve said:
Congrats!!!
You have given relief to many such applicant with same message. You can start a new thred.

I also have got the same message Not sure why? mine was substitute case.
my lawyer says its approved ..I saw this message on Oct 13th and my RD 07/29/2004