Is this a second interview?

agham12

Registered Users (C)
I am US citizen and sponsored my husband. We had our interview in Feb 09 and it was very short. Only 5 mins. We submitted all documents, tax returns. pictures etc. The lady said we would get something in the mail in 2-3 weeks.

Ok, we did not get anything and after 90 days my husband did an infopass to see what was going on. The officer told him that they made a mistake and send the file to National Archives and that files are sent to the National Archives after a decision is made. She said they will retrieve the file and get back to us.

Now it is July and we just got a letter in the mail that says please appear at the immigration office and bring all documents. And it is a short notice as the date is in 10 days.Now we are freaking out. Is this a second interview? It says bring all documents and lists the same documents as they did on the first interview request.

Can someone please explain if they know?

Agham12, we have the EXACT same case: interview in feb 09, nothing for 90 days, then infopass, and today (july8) letter for interview next week (july16).
Letter ask to bring all documents as well.
For our case we know that it is a second interview.

Re:

cinnamoroll, i am not sure what to expect. It seems like a second interview but the lawyer said that usually second interviews are scheduled after some time (generally 6-8 months) and they send the response in a couple of weeks after the 1st interview (and not after 4 months).

I am afraid if they would ask questions separately or try to use other tactics. But we cant do much other than face the interview. How are you holding up?

I'm ok, i'm just so tired to deal with this. Thanks for asking :)
We go see our lawyer tomorrow, we'll what she says.
Let us know it goes.

cinnamoroll... we got approved but they separated us. They were doing this to everyone. There were like 20 couples in the waiting room. Anyways, i am happy it is over with.

Second interview too - Miami

We are in the same position. We had our initial interview in March and today received the second interview notice scheduled for next Friday the 24th.

I also received an appointment for my fingerprints again on the 27th the following Monday.

What i believed to be a unique situation, seams to be happening to a lot of people. Do they seperate you, what kind of questions do they ask? I have heard some horrific stories about the questions....we are nervous and want to be prepared.

Congrats agham12!!! That is great news!
We just had our second interview this morning and it all went real smooth, she approved us :) At the end she said she didn't understand why the first interviewer even send us to a second interview. She gave us a section 216 notice that states that we have been approved and that explains the things to do about filling I-751 to remove conditional status in a couple of years etc. Also we got an email an hour after our interview time, stating that the card production has been ordered.

She asked a lot of questions but it lasted about 10 or 15 minutes each I would say.

what's your full name, including middle names, and date of birth?
what's your spouse full name and dob?
what's your work schedule like?
what's your spouse work schedule like?
where does he work?
how did you meet, when and where?
where did your spouse work when you met?
where did your spouse lived when you met?
did your spouse had a car when we met, what car, what color?
do you have a car together now, what car and what color?
do you make payments on the car, how much are they and who does it?
who proposed and how?
who bought the rings?
wedding date, who was present at the ceremony and what did you after?
do you rent or own, how much is the rent, who pays it, how?
do you have our own set of keys?
anyone else living with you?
how did you move? did you bring furnitures etc?
how many rooms in apartment?
what size of bed?
how many pillows?
what type of lighting?
cable provider?
how many tv's?
did you travel together? do you have pictures, copies of plane tickets or hotels receipts?
what did you eat last night? who cooked?

I think that's about it, at least what I can remember right now.
Best of luck for your interview Hopefulthoughts, bonafide marriage = nothing to worry about cause all of those questions find their answers very naturally. We were nervous too and she made us really at ease, actually she was very nice.
Let us know how it goes!