Is there anyone out there who is in the same boat as me

Captain Crunch

Registered Users (C)
My I 485 story is a strange 1.

so here it is

My application was transferred to local office.

I had the interview.

I waited for days heard nothing.

So i inquired several times infopass phone call etc

1 day i called and spoke to the immigration officer. She told me my case is approved i can get my passport stamped. The crazy thing is i never got any approval notice. Went to the local office they gladly stamped my passport.

Now i dont know why but i have been waiting for the actual card for a long time.

Whenever i check in the computer it has very old information it still says my card was transferred to local office for an interview!
Whenever i speak to 1 of those useless agents over the phone i get the same
info.

However i have been lucky a couple of times to speak to IO they immediately tell me yours status is changed and your application was approved, but your card is still not printed.

My question is why is there so much secret about my application that only i and the Immigration officers know my application is approved and my status has changed. I have my passport stamped. I dont get emails and LUDs like other people do.

The other question is where is the plastic card?
Does that have to do with the visa number? but then how come i have been stamped and my status has changed.

My last question is how are people speaking directly to IO instead to wasting their precious time talking to those useless agents.

Any help would be most appreciated

My I 485 story is a strange 1.

so here it is

My application was transferred to local office.

I had the interview.

I waited for days heard nothing.

So i inquired several times infopass phone call etc

1 day i called and spoke to the immigration officer. She told me my case is approved i can get my passport stamped. The crazy thing is i never got any approval notice. Went to the local office they gladly stamped my passport.
Congratulations! Be happy since you were able to get your passport stamped.

Now i dont know why but i have been waiting for the actual card for a long time.
Card production is done at the Service Center. It takes about 40 days from the time of transfer from local office back to Service center as per Cougargal's post.

Whenever i check in the computer it has very old information it still says my card was transferred to local office for an interview!.
The local office does not have access to update the case status. Service Center will do after 30 days of transfer back from local office!

Whenever i speak to 1 of those useless agents over the phone i get the same
info.

However i have been lucky a couple of times to speak to IO they immediately tell me yours status is changed and your application was approved, but your card is still not printed.

My question is why is there so much secret about my application that only i and the Immigration officers know my application is approved and my status has changed. I have my passport stamped. I dont get emails and LUDs like other people do.

In my case, the only news I have is the information received from Congressman's office that my case was approved on June 20. Learnt at Infopass in Dallas local office on July 16 that the case has been transferred back to TSC on July 5 and they refused to confirm anything about the approval. Congressman's office tells me that the transfer back to TSC is for card production.
My online status shows "Transferred to Dallas local office in Nov 2004".

The other question is where is the plastic card?
Does that have to do with the visa number? but then how come i have been stamped and my status has changed.

You are a LPR now! Just wait for the card! It will take a few weeks from the time of approval!

My last question is how are people speaking directly to IO instead to wasting their precious time talking to those useless agents
I have also tried POJ technique so many times but always get a CSR and never an IO from TSC!!

Many thanks to Dallas03096 for the detailed reply.

1 more question

I have heard about the unavailability of visa numbers.
Do i already have a visa number? Does this shortage affect someone at my stage?

Thanking you again

visa number

you would not have been approved if you did not have a visa number. So you're home free - unavailability of visa numbers will NOT affect you

Many thanks to Dallas03096 for the detailed reply.

1 more question

I have heard about the unavailability of visa numbers.
Do i already have a visa number? Does this shortage affect someone at my stage?

Thanking you again